Am I Overstocked

achybump3

Reaction score

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
1. The amount of fish that you mentioned in your 29 gallon tank is indeed overstocked.

2. Congo tetras do best in a group of at least 6+. Same with your tetras and rasboras.

Faytaya

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Because of your filtration I'd say you're safe-ish, but I personally would change more water every week. Plus I don't think a clown pleco fits in a 29, though I could be wrong. Even bristlenose need a 35 gal long to be happy.

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to FishLore!

You can let your nitrate level be your guide on how large of a water change you need to do. You want your water change to be large enough so that nitrates never get over 20ppm.

Smalltownfishfriend

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I personally don't think you are grossly overstocked, just maybe not stocked quite properly. I would pick two of the schooling fish you like best and up their schools to six or 8. Your clown pleco is fine, they can go in as small as a 10 gallon.

achybump3

Reaction score
Thank you all for the advice! Ill keep a close on everyone and see if anyone shows any stressful behavior. If that happens, I'll look into possibly rehoming or upgrading my aquarium size.

Nice looking tank.
Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom