Am I Overstocked?

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ime aqadvisor is sorta innacurate.

You are not overstocked per say, the issue is more with the tetras. They need at least 20 gallons of swimming space, as well as schools of 6. Both species of tetra will be unhappy without schools and a bigger tank.

Yes I reckon you should keep the babies. If I were you I would buy a 20 gallon, put the fish in there (with schools) and make the 10 a shrimp only system.

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Go ahead and and try to keep the ghost shrimp babies, chances are you won't get too many anyway with the tetras and ghost shrimp, because they'll both try to eat the babies

Reaction score
Rtessy said:
Go ahead and and try to keep the ghost shrimp babies, chances are you won't get too many anyway with the tetras and ghost shrimp, because they'll both try to eat the babies
Savage

sorryiwasintheshower said:
I got a 3.5 in the garage maby i can just let the shrimp grow in there seperatly till their big enough

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
sorryiwasintheshower said:
I got a 3.5 in the garage maby i can just let the shrimp grow in there seperatly till their big enough
That's a great idea if you want some more! You'll want to move the female once you see little black eyes in the eggs, and you'll have to add some sort of cover and remove her as soon as all the babies hatch.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom