Am I Overstocked?

1. s

sorryiwasintheshower New Member Member

I got 4 neon tetras and 2 blushing white tetras and 4 ghost shrimp. In a 10 gallon. Is that too much? I got 4 plants too. Thanks for reading. B)

P.S. 1 shrimp is pregnant af should i keep the babies or no?

2. Adrian Burke

Adrian Burke Valued Member Member

One helpful tool is the aquarium stocking calculator. Look it up!

3. Discus-Tang

Discus-Tang Well Known Member Member

Ime aqadvisor is sorta innacurate.

You are not overstocked per say, the issue is more with the tetras. They need at least 20 gallons of swimming space, as well as schools of 6. Both species of tetra will be unhappy without schools and a bigger tank.

Yes I reckon you should keep the babies. If I were you I would buy a 20 gallon, put the fish in there (with schools) and make the 10 a shrimp only system.

4. Rtessy

Rtessy Well Known Member Member

Go ahead and and try to keep the ghost shrimp babies, chances are you won't get too many anyway with the tetras and ghost shrimp, because they'll both try to eat the babies :(

5. Adrian Burke

Adrian Burke Valued Member Member

A good school of tetras has upwards of 5 members. Mine has 12 in a 25 gallon.

6. OP
    OP
    s

sorryiwasintheshower New Member Member

Savage

I got a 3.5 in the garage maby i can just let the shrimp grow in there seperatly till their big enough

7. Rtessy

Rtessy Well Known Member Member

That's a great idea if you want some more! You'll want to move the female once you see little black eyes in the eggs, and you'll have to add some sort of cover and remove her as soon as all the babies hatch.