Am I overstocked?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Rpayne36, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Rpayne36

Rpayne36Valued MemberMember

I have a 20gal I have 1adf 4glofish danios 3platys 2female 1male 2dime size angelfish and 2molly fry who somehow survived my first disaster in a 3 gallon before I joined this site and learned about cycling I have been running this tank for a few weeks after switching my filter and all deco over from a 10 gallon that all fish were in except the 3 platys got them yesterday after the loss of 6 neon tetras that I lost in the switchover to the 20 I got this tank because I learned the tetras needed more space than a 10 but I learned they are very sensitive as well I have the api kit my amm is 0 nitrite 0 nitrate looks about 10ppm ph around 7.4 I don't have a kit for gh and kh how important are those?? Still new to this as its only been a few months thanks!!!!image

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. OP
    OP
    Rpayne36

3. Pikachu13131

Pikachu13131Valued MemberMember

Add 2 more danios,and the angels will need to be removed the get big.replace the angels with a dwarf gourami.

4. Pikachu13131

Your parameters look good.you might be able to keep one angel or upgrade to a 40 gallon and you can keep both.

5. OP
    OP
    Rpayne36

Is my tank still cycled or is it starting over?

6. aliray

alirayFishlore VIPMember

I don't worry about it and just check the PH in my tank besides the A, N, N, Welcome to the forum and the tank looks nice . You have a problem with the temp requirements in that angelfish need 78 to 80 degree temp and your glofish danio should be under 75and can be very nippy with angel fish fins. I would consider doing one or the other unless you have another tank that you could move the danio or angels to. Just a suggestion. :;hi2Alison

7. Pikachu13131

Your tank Is still cycled,is there anyway you can get a bigger tank for the angels?

8. OP
    OP
    Rpayne36

What size tank do I need for them? And how long can they stay in the 20?

9. Pikachu13131

For two angles I suggest a 40 gallon,yli can keep them in there intill their about 3 inches.

10. OP
    OP
    Rpayne36

Also is this from another fish nipping at his finsimage

11. OP
    OP
    Rpayne36

It's on the bottom corner of his fin didn't notice it yesterday when I brought them home I have heard about fin rot not sure what that looks like sorry for all the questions as I am still learning

12. Pikachu13131

It's ok that's what we're here for.the nip could have have been from the angels,but its more likely from the danios.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice