Am I over stocked?

WRWAquarium

Hi. Looks good, maybe a little overstocked but that's only my opinion. Filtration and tank dimensions depending too.

FishguyAU

Thanks, My dimensions are 30 L x 12 W x 18 H and my filter is rated for 160L tank and moves 720 L/h according to the box. I just added the 6 blue tetras today and it looks a bit cosy in there so I thought I would ask :) Hopefully it's ok, I do a 25% WC weekly and I haven't had an issues to date. I'm hoping it will be ok as they are all relatively low bio load fish apart from the guppies as far as I know.

WRWAquarium

Yes I was thinking the emperor are larger tetras and your upper levels might be quite busy.

Long as water is good and there isn't aggression your OK. Could do larger % water changes if needed.

FishguyAU

Well I have noticed the new blue emperors chasing the cardinals around a bit actually, and my guppies have been hiding in the plants at the top of the tank. I hope I didn't screw up the peaceful community I had :(

WRWAquarium

See how things pan out. You can return the emperor tetras if need be? People say they can be a bit nippy for tetras. Beautiful fish though.

I picked up some rummy nose tetras recently. Small, tight schooling and peaceful. I'd recommend them.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Eaton
Replies
Views
Eaton
29 Gallon Tank 29 gallon stocking idea
Replies
Views
AlphaFish
Replies