ohh! how many should be kept in a 55 gallon

firemouthfreak

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
wpt2005 said:
ohh damm how many should be kept in a 55 gallon
I think the size of the fish is what matters, not the numbers. You have Catfish, I'm not sure how big they'll get but at least 4inches+ is my estimate and lots of other fish that get to about 6inches+, so consider finding a way to rehome most of them.

blkdeath75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I did this just for kicks on aqadvisor.I skipped a few fish as I could not find the common names but you were still way over.Note it is just a tool and I have no idea what filtration ya have but yea I think it's a wee bit much.Definitely may want to rehome some of em.

Here's the link of what I entered:

EDIT:[/] Note these are all adult sizes and can be changed to juvie sizes if you click on it and edit each of your fishes individual sizes.

And welcome to Fishlore!

Rhan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome to Fishlore!

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore.

Yes you are overstocked. By a very long way. Just the 3 Clown Loaches on thier own need more than 55 gallon. You would be fully stocked with the G. Brasiliensis, the Pleco & the Pearl Gourami. There are many other combinations that would add up to you being fully stocked. That's just an example of how far overstocked you really are. To house all of those fish, you would need a tank in excess of 300gallons.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning WPT and Welcome to Fish Lore!

I have moved your thread to the Aquarium Stocking Questions section of the forum. Please review the Fish Lore Rules (#2). You can access the rules by clicking on Quick Links in the blue bar at the top of the screen.

I hope you enjoy the site!

Thanks!
Ken

ariolex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hello and Welcome

Just a quick one to mention that besides of being intesively overstocked in terms of bio-load you need to regroup those fish based on compatibility/aggresiveness. You've got a little LFS running on that tank lol

Good luck

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads