Am I over-feeding my Rummy Nose Tetra?

RindyRuth

See the shape of the belly on those 3 on the left as somewhat distended in a V with straight sides -vs- the 2 on the right as being more torpedo shaped? I had just fed them (12 total) half a cube of frozen Daphnia. They are in my new* 11g quarantine tank running a sponge filter from an established tank and a Fluval nano with media from an established tank. Plastic plants. Treated with Prime. Latest readings are 0, 0, 10 with a ph of 6.8. Heater with water at 80.

My question is am I overfeeding? I've only had the last 6 for 5 days and I want to treat them well after their journey to me. 2 feedings a day with quality flakes in the morning and the frozen Daphnia in the afternoon. They clean up all of the food in 2-3 minutes each time. I see no left-overs on the bare bottom. I am used to betta's with their tendency to bloat if over-fed. :-(

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I want to do my best by them. Their names are all "Larry."

*Up and running for 5 days.20% WC X2 so far.

Thank you all for your wisdom and kindness for a 5 month newbie like myself,

RindyRuth

Pic Extended stomaches 051422.jpg

Cherryshrimp420

Yes half a cube is a lot. The 2-3mins is bad advice from fish food labels, just a few bites is enough.

ruud

Feeding twice a day for tetras is fine though, albeit much less than you currently seem to be feeding. Skipping a day of feeding isn't bad either.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views
RonDarcy
Replies
Views
Dila415
Replies
Views