Am I on track to kill this plant?

Nianichole

Hey all, so I did something rather unorthodox/lazy.

I got a lovely tissue culture of pearl weed. I am a newb, but I do know how you're supposed to plant a tissue culture. However, my substrate is fluval stratum, which looks great but isn't exactly ideal for holding delicate plants in place... which I should have considered before, but hindsight and all that...anyway, I had visions of all the tiny strands of pearl weed floating all over the place and then getting eaten by my snail. A disaster in the making...

So, instead I left the pearl weed in it's lovely circular clump (after removing the gel it grew in), then I ingeniously threaded two plant weights through the root structure and tucked the whole thing into the substrate. Boom. Took three minutes, looks great, and no floaters!

My question is, will it live given it has food/light? Or is it going to freak out for being compacted and "planted" in a rather redneck manner?

Thanks guys!

GusMcGrath202020

It is not ideal but I think it will be OK. Just don't put to much pressure on the stems

Nianichole

GusMcGrath202020 said:
It is not ideal but I think it will be OK. Just don't put to much pressure on the stems
Thank you! Hopefully I haven't already inflicted too much damage.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom