Am I On The Right Track Cycling?

Photobelle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I just tstd my water today and Ammonia is .5, no is 0 and na is 5 but maybe a little darker than yesterday. My level have read this for the last 2 days. I have been dosing the 20g with prime and stability for a little less than a week. I did a quarter water change 2 days ago. I will just dose with prime and stability since it is under 1 but since the ammonia isn't increasing does this mean it is working? I have 1 pregnant platy and 2 snails in the tank. There were 3 other fish but they died a week ago (same day and working being done on water lines so they may be related).

buttertart

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Has this tank been cycled yet? When I start a new tank I haven't had much luck with prime and stability. What has worked really well for me is not having fish in the aquarium and adding a ton of fish food. It spikes the ammonia but when it gets down to zero the tank been cycled. I don't quite understand your question so I'm sorry if this is super irrelevant, but if there's another place you could put your fish and snails temporarily I think that's your best bet at cycling your tank and not having them die....maybe a big Tupperware container or glass bowl with the heater in it?

Photobelle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
No we switched tanks and lost most of the cycle. I have nowhere else to put the fish or snail as she is pregnant and due any day now and I think moving her would be worse. The Ammonia is at .50 and I am using the prime to neutralize it. She is acting fine as well. I jist trying to cycle asap so as not to cause problems for them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom