Am I missing something

BRAV0 31st

Valued Member
Reaction score
So my plants and tank are getting covered with a thick green slime I leave a little of it because my Butterfly loach seams to like it but it’s killing my plants and I don’t know if I need to add another additive or I’ve got something else going on entirely any tips
IMG_0779.JPG
IMG_0778.JPG
IMG_0777.JPG

Salem

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
For the time being you should be able to rub most of the algae off the plants and siphon it out. Vacuuming the substrate can help quite a bit if it is high phosphates. If it's the lights you can leave them off for longer.

Salem

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
6 hours should work fine but if its easier for you to break up the times feel free to do that instead

Vishaquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's definitely a lack of nutrients then. I'd recommend ditching the iron and flourish and going with Thrive by NilocG, or ditching the excel too and going with ThriveC by NilocG. The plants currently aren't getting all the nutrients they need and a solid fert like Thrive will help them get those nutrients.

BRAV0 31st

Valued Member
Reaction score
It's definitely a lack of nutrients then. I'd recommend ditching the iron and flourish and going with Thrive by NilocG, or ditching the excel too and going with ThriveC by NilocG. The plants currently aren't getting all the nutrients they need and a solid fert like Thrive will help them get those nutrients.
I’ll pick some up then and give it a try

BRAV0 31st

Valued Member
Reaction score
What really gets my though is my heavily planted tank I use the same ferts and photo period is the same and it looks pretty good
IMG_0696.JPG

Vishaquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The lighting and substrate look different. Additionally, the leaves of the swords have holes in them and are yellowing a bit, indicating a possible (and likely) nutrient deficiency.

BRAV0 31st

Valued Member
Reaction score
The lighting and substrate look different. Additionally, the leaves of the swords have holes in them and are yellowing a bit, indicating a possible (and likely) nutrient deficiency.
It’s another tank I have it’s got a mess of pond snails but yes I’ve started dosing potassium in there to help with the holes

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom