am i fully stocked?

Damien808

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
this is a 36 in tank with a fluval 206 on it. i have 2 balloon rams, 11 neons, and 4 emerald cats. am i fully stocked or could i add more fish? just wondering I'm fine with the way it is but always good to know.

Al913

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What are the dimensions of the tank?Corys are schooling fish so they need to be in a minimum group of 6! Are the rams male and female. If not you shouldn't have 2 males. You could do:

2x bolivian rams
11x neons
8x cherry barbs
8x emerald corys

Damien808

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Al913 said:
What are the dimensions of the tank?Corys are schooling fish so they need to be in a minimum group of 6! Are the rams male and female. If not you shouldn't have 2 males. You could do:

2x bolivian rams
11x neons
8x cherry barbs
8x emerald corys
yes the rams are a pair they have layed eggs once. i have yet to find healthy stock of emerald corys they always look skinny or misshapen or sick i only grabbed 4 because they were the healthiest and fattest ones. the tank is 36 in x 12 1/2 I'm pretty sure on measurements.

el337

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
You're not fully stocked but your rams are not temp compatible with neons. I'd swap the neons for warmer water schooling fish like cardinal tetras if you want a similar look or swap the balloon rams for bolivian rams. I agree you will want to add at least another 2 corys. Is 36" x 12.5" the length and width? What's the height?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom