Am I Feeding My Fish Too Early Question

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Epicoz, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Epicoz Well Known Member Member

Some of my fish don’t come up every once while to eat but some do. They aren’t sick I was just wondering because I feed them at 6:15 but I could feed them at seven.

2. Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

I typically wait until a couple of hours after the lights have been on to feed them, that way they can adjust to the light and be able to see the food properly, but that is me.

There is no rule against what time you can feed them, if this schedule works for you then you shouldn't change it unless you see an issue with it.

3. Mark Sokol New Member Member

I usually feed my fish when I get home after work/school and that works well! I would wait for the fish to wake up and have some time with the light then feed them.

4. JChi Valued Member Member

My fish did that at first, but then they figured out the routine and now are right up at the top every morning right after I turn on the lights. I do have one fish that likes to stay below the others and darts around getting the food that falls from the surface. I watch him to make sure he's getting enough since he's a bit shier. Each new fish seems to take some time figuring it out. I think they need a routine and to get used to the routine. If they are eating then I wouldn't worry about it too much.