Am I cycled ?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle' started by Ronskijay, Aug 6, 2014.

1. R

Ronskijay New Member Member

My tank has been cycling for just over 3 weeks my nitrites peeked 3 days ago and after that they have been dropping and now last night and tonight they are on 0 . Am I cycled ? And what is the best next step to do . Many thanks

2. C

Crankkt New Member Member

Dose ammonia back up to 3-4ppm and test the water in 24 hours. If ammonia and nitrite both show 0,then you should be good. What were you using as an ammonia source?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

3. OP
    OP
    R

4. M

Mamajin Well Known Member Member

We can't tell you for sure without knowing what the current parameters are. Before replying, run the three tests and let us know what the numerical values are for Ammonia, Nitrite, and Nitrate.

Edit: You posted at the same time as me lol. You should be cycled if you followed the directions for the TSS, but just to be certain still post back with the test results.

5. OP
    OP
    R

6. M

When was that test performed?

7. OP
    OP
    R

Half hour or so before posting . And I just checked my nitrite test and its defo blue 0

8. OP
    OP
    R

Lol . My other question is . Do I need to do a big water change or leave it as it is ?

9. M

On the 15th day after dosing the tank with TSS, you should perform a regular water change. Continue with weekly tank maintenance (water change, gravel vac, filter maintenance, etc. etc. etc) thereafter.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice