Alternatives for jungle Val?

KingJamal2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
For some odd reason, no where around me has jungle Val. And when I say nowhere, I mean NOWHERE. I called PetSmart, PetCo, and the LFS and NONE of them had jungle Val.

Is there a similarly looking plant to jungle Val that I could use instead? Preferably something that will grow really tall and swoop over the water surface

Thanks! I am kind of frustrated that I can’t find jungle Val.

Amazoniantanklvr

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Have you tried Ebay or aquabid. I got mine off of ebay because we didn't have any local here too.

OP
KingJamal2

KingJamal2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I really don’t want to go online for plants. It’s literally is -9 degrees real feel right now in Indiana, so I’m not really trying to kill the plants before they even make it to me.

I also would have to use my parents credit card, because I don’t have one, so they probably would be VERY cautious in using it online.

To be completely honest, I don’t quite trust online aquarium shops. They just make me nervous

I also don’t want to pay 10 dollars or more for shipping

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If you choose to try the online ordering once the weather warms up you may be able to get a prepaid card and add say$50-100 onto it and order with that. Just a thought

Falena

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Narrow leaf sagittaria looks similar if you can find that or other grass like sagittaria, they get tall and swoopy :)

Dart

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
KingJamal2 said:
I really don’t want to go online for plants. It’s literally is -9 degrees real feel right now in Indiana, so I’m not really trying to kill the plants before they even make it to me.

I also would have to use my parents credit card, because I don’t have one, so they probably would be VERY cautious in using it online.

To be completely honest, I don’t quite trust online aquarium shops. They just make me nervous

I also don’t want to pay 10 dollars or more for shipping
If it helps any, I ordered plants online in negative temps (Montana), and they shipped just fine. When you live in the middle of nowhere like I do, you learn to basically do all shopping (minus groceries) online. I've never had issues.

OP
KingJamal2

KingJamal2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
FinalFins said:
how about other types of val? Maybe look for italian or dwarf vals?
I really like jungle Val more than all the others. The dark green, and many leaves really appeals to me for some reason.

I think I might just order online.

Where do you all recommend? Jacobs aquarium? Dustins fish tanks? Preferably not eBay or amazon though.

Rev

Well Known
Reaction score
KingJamal2 said:
I really like jungle Val more than all the others. The dark green, and many leaves really appeals to me for some reason.

I think I might just order online.

Where do you all recommend? Jacobs aquarium? Dustins fish tanks? Preferably not eBay or amazon though.
I just ordered plants online from Vishaquatics here about a week ago, got in on Monday completely fine. Ordered some other plants from Aquarium Co-op in December no problems whatsoever. So I wouldn't worry about that too much. Jungle val is jungle val I'd say find the best price on a trustworthy site. I bought jungle val from aquarium co-op in my order in December came in great, grows like a weed. It comes in a pot of rock wool and looks like one big bunch but is actually 3 smaller bunches which is super nice I think.

OP
KingJamal2

KingJamal2

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Rev said:
I just ordered plants online from Vishaquatics here about a week ago, got in on Monday completely fine. Ordered some other plants from Aquarium Co-op in December no problems whatsoever. So I wouldn't worry about that too much. Jungle val is jungle val I'd say find the best price on a trustworthy site. I bought jungle val from aquarium co-op in my order in December came in great, grows like a weed. It comes in a pot of rock wool and looks like one big bunch but is actually 3 smaller bunches which is super nice I think.
Jacobs aquarium is cheaper with shipping included, so maybe I’ll go with them.

New Threads