Almost Ready for Fish! First Aquarium 60G

raider89

New Member
Member
Messages
25
Reaction score
16
Have a little bit of leveling to do for the stand. Also have 2 200 watt heaters I'm going to install instead of the single 300 watt.

Ordered a plant to go on the right side to cover the right side similar to the left.

Using a Topfin CF100 Canister filter with spray bar.

Doing a prime treatment right now, then in a few days going to start the TSS.

Stocking:

2 Angel Fish
2 Blue Rams
12 Rummy Tetras
1 Clown Pleco


84837459_1065064540509205_3830650922933944320_o.jpg 83908489_1065064593842533_1748447230190157824_o.jpg 84353468_1065064477175878_6059970693108334592_o.jpg
 

TWiG87

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,354
Reaction score
2,232
Location
NJ
Experience
5 to 10 years
Very nice, getting close. Going with two heaters is a good idea.
What temperature are you going to try and keep the water at?
 

TWiG87

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,354
Reaction score
2,232
Location
NJ
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yea that would be probably be the minimum for your rams
 

Coreyg93

Active Member
Member
Messages
135
Reaction score
32
Experience
Just started
raider89 said:
Have a little bit of leveling to do for the stand. Also have 2 200 watt heaters I'm going to install instead of the single 300 watt.

Ordered a plant to go on the right side to cover the right side similar to the left.

Using a Topfin CF100 Canister filter with spray bar.

Doing a prime treatment right now, then in a few days going to start the TSS.

Stocking:

2 Angel Fish
2 Blue Rams
12 Rummy Tetras
1 Clown Pleco


84837459_1065064540509205_3830650922933944320_o.jpg 83908489_1065064593842533_1748447230190157824_o.jpg 84353468_1065064477175878_6059970693108334592_o.jpg
What do you want out of the tank? You can keep more and IMO more interesting fish. I’ve had all of those fish before.

Angel fish- will stay still in various places around the tank from the half depth mark and up, almost floating. They will recognize you when it’s feeding time.

Blue rams - will pick a corner each as there territory and protect it, unless you get lucky with a MF. This will be at the bottom.

Tetras - (specifically tetras) but applies to any schooling fish. Get as many as you can like 30 min or they aren’t worth getting. They’re small with a small lifespan so some will die off and you prob won’t even notice it.

Clown pleco or pleco in general - If you’re getting it for algae problems in a community tank like this than get oto’s instead because plecos bioload is crazy. If you’re getting it because it looks cool, don’t, you’ll barely see it if your aquarium is well scaped or decorated.

Not just being a negative Nancy. Plenty of great things you could do with a 60 that you’ll love and will challenge you, and will keep you on your toes and engaged.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #6
OP
R

raider89

New Member
Member
Messages
25
Reaction score
16
Coreyg93 said:
What do you want out of the tank? You can keep more and IMO more interesting fish. I’ve had all of those fish before.

Angel fish- will stay still in various places around the tank from the half depth mark and up, almost floating. They will recognize you when it’s feeding time.

Blue rams - will pick a corner each as there territory and protect it, unless you get lucky with a MF. This will be at the bottom.

Tetras - (specifically tetras) but applies to any schooling fish. Get as many as you can like 30 min or they aren’t worth getting. They’re small with a small lifespan so some will die off and you prob won’t even notice it.

Clown pleco or pleco in general - If you’re getting it for algae problems in a community tank like this than get oto’s instead because plecos bioload is crazy. If you’re getting it because it looks cool, don’t, you’ll barely see it if your aquarium is well scaped or decorated.

Not just being a negative Nancy. Plenty of great things you could do with a 60 that you’ll love and will challenge you, and will keep you on your toes and engaged.
I'm basically just wanting to have a full tank with some cool fish that are fun to watch. I am open to other suggestions as to what else I could add to the community. Those oto's are pretty neat looking, and yes I was going with it for more look than anything. I'm still learning and my fish library is still pretty small.
 

JettsPapa

Well Known
Member
Messages
3,107
Reaction score
3,534
Location
Grimes County, Texas
Experience
Just started
I'd suggest 8 -10 of a single species of corydorus. They'll pick up whatever food gets past your other fish and are fun to watch.
 

Coreyg93

Active Member
Member
Messages
135
Reaction score
32
Experience
Just started
raider89 said:
I'm basically just wanting to have a full tank with some cool fish that are fun to watch. I am open to other suggestions as to what else I could add to the community. Those oto's are pretty neat looking, and yes I was going with it for more look than anything. I'm still learning and my fish library is still pretty small.
If you want easy I’d suggest like 30 tetras, the cardinals, neons, rummynose, black skirts, and silver tips are awesome! and 10 serbaI or Panda corys. Could do a guppies tank. A Molly’s tank. A couple dwarf gouramis. If you want cichlids then Apistogrammas are cool. You could do an African cichlid tank if you stick with Mbunas.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #13
OP
R

raider89

New Member
Member
Messages
25
Reaction score
16
Do you guys think I have enough room at the bottom for the oto and cory to swim around? I know those two greek structures take up a lot of floor space.
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
273
Guests online
3,268
Total visitors
3,541

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom