Almost Ready For Birth!! Help 

Fardin

Reaction score
Hey guys my swordtails belly is slowly starting to square off and I learned that when it’s fully squared off in the bottom and looks like it will Burst it will be ready to give birth so take a look for your self guys!!
Image1568319352.322038.jpg
Image1568319366.735524.jpg

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
She has a week or two before she births IMO .
I would not net her yet ,the longer in the net the more stress on her.

Fardin

Reaction score
coralbandit said:
She has a week or two before she births IMO .
I would not net her yet ,the longer in the net the more stress on her.
IMO? And the petco employee says she should give birth in a few days

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fardin said:
What do I know [IMO is In My Opinion ] .
I have breed a few swordtails in my time ...
My experience is sometimes too much time the breeder net or box can stress the female into giving birth too soon [still births] while others say they can absorb the fry also from stress.I have not seen that myself ..
Hopefully all works out fine for you and you see fry soon .

Fardin

Reaction score
coralbandit said:
What do I know [IMO is In My Opinion ] .
I have breed a few swordtails in my time ...
My experience is sometimes too much time the breeder net or box can stress the female into giving birth too soon [still births] while others say they can absorb the fry also from stress.I have not seen that myself ..
Hopefully all works out fine for you and you see fry soon .
I’m really worried.

Elkwatcher

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fardin said:
Personally I would not take a petco employee's opinion for all the tea in China. But you will learn that soon enough!

Fardin

Reaction score
Elkwatcher said:
Personally I would not take a petco employee's opinion for all the tea in China. But you will learn that soon enough!
I don’t listen to petco employees either but I really don’t have any experience in fish breeding although it sounds fun. Maybe this swordtail will make me learn.

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Who else is in tank with the two swordtails ?
Don' be worried you are watching closely so the chances of learning are strong ! But she won't make you learn !

Fardin

Reaction score
coralbandit said:
Who else is in tank with the two swordtails ?
Don' be worried you are watching closely so the chances of learning are strong ! But she won't make you learn !
Big black tetras they killed some of my neon tetras.

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Only referring to the picture, it doesn't seem like it that she's due soon...

Oh, I just read that this topic is from September 12. It's already later in September now (I've been at the hospital for a while. So, I may have missed out on topics in the meanwhile). She might be some bigger by now.

Fardin

Reaction score
emeraldking said:
Only referring to the picture, it doesn't seem like it that she's due soon...

Oh, I just read that this topic is from September 12. It's already later in September now (I've been at the hospital for a while. So, I may have missed out on topics in the meanwhile). She might be some bigger by now.
Well man hope your doing better. My swordtail stomach has actually decreased in size and I’m really worried now there is still a Gravid spot on her but very light.Im worrying that she may have released them overnight and ate them all or she just never gave birth to them. I immediately took her out of the breeder box as soon as I saw that. I thought she may was getting stressed and didn’t let her fry out. Well still hoping she feels more comfortable in the tank and will give birth to them sometime. Can you please tell me what’s happening here?

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fardin said:
Well man hope your doing better. My swordtail stomach has actually decreased in size and I’m really worried now there is still a Gravid spot on her but very light.Im worrying that she may have released them overnight and ate them all or she just never gave birth to them. I immediately took her out of the breeder box as soon as I saw that. I thought she may was getting stressed and didn’t let her fry out. Well still hoping she feels more comfortable in the tank and will give birth to them sometime. Can you please tell me what’s happening here?
I don't know whether there are hiding place in that breeding box where possible fry may be hiding. Yes, in case she might have been pregnant... she may have eaten them. Or she may have absorbed them. Ovoviviparous female livebearers where swordtails belong to, do have the ability to absorb their embryos, if they don't feel comfortable to drop fry. Absorbing embryos won't harm the female.

Fardin

Reaction score
emeraldking said:
I don't know whether there are hiding place in that breeding box where possible fry may be hiding. Yes, in case she might have been pregnant... she may have eaten them. Or she may have absorbed them. Ovoviviparous female livebearers where swordtails belong to, do have the ability to absorb their embryos, if they don't feel comfortable to drop fry. Absorbing embryos won't harm the female.
That’s exactly what I was fearing. Well better luck next time I guess. Thanks

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads