Question almost finished with cylce now what to put in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nooby87

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
135 gal tank(sand sub, decorations, planted) this is what i want to put in it will they work? done reserch but you cant beat expreince.

top-group of Blue Dwarf Gourami one male 3 females-( not really sure what would be the best ratio of males to female)

Mid-assorted rainbow fish 2 groups of 5 or six .

Bottom-5 clown loaches,1 fire eel( i know they get big), 1 ghost knife(them too),mabey a rainbow shark<-- not realy set on that one.

am i over stocking it, most woried about the bottom?

Last edited:

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't know about sharks, but the rest sounds good. The rainbows are mid to top. The DGs are everywhere fish - they will be all over the tank more than they will be at the top. I would do a group of full size gouramis instead.

OP
nooby87

nooby87

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
great suggestions

pearls are very pretty, thats a good idea. any clue on what male to female ratio should be on them? i have had them befor an the male harrassed the female till she died(wert pearls they we gold or something)

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Peal gouramis are very different from 3 spots (gold). You could do 1m/1f, 1m/2f, 1m/3f, 2m/4f. I would not get too many if you plan on keeping rainbows (1:1 or 1:2).

OP
nooby87

nooby87

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
thanks i guess the pearls are less agressive. one male and 2 felames would be nice. african butter fly 2 groups of 5 rainbows a fire eel 5 clown loach and one ghost knife any ideas on what type of alge eater to use something that wont get eatten or stop eating alge? chinese alge eater maber. anyone had any susess with them?

Last edited:
OP
nooby87

nooby87

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
agreed! no algae really right now. MY TANK IS FINISHED CYCLING . did a 100% water change and added moonlight gourmies (5) could not find a LFS that stocked or could get me the pearl. and i really like the moonlight ones they are very iridescent. and i got a group of seven giant dainos. everyone schools together !!

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good luck with your new fish another idea for some bottom dwellers are some cory cats, they're really fun and active little fish. I have rainbows in my 50 and they're probably one of my favorite fish that I've owned. Very active and fun to watch I really reccomend.

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
agreed! no algae really right now. MY TANK IS FINISHED CYCLING . did a 100% water change and added moonlight gourmies (5) could not find a LFS that stocked or could get me the pearl. and i really like the moonlight ones they are very iridescent. and i got a group of seven giant dainos. everyone schools together !!
For the bottom, I'd recommend loaches over corys in a tank that big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • No

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 74 67.9%

Top Bottom