Almost done stocking

Omni024

Reaction score
So I have an older 55 with dimensions of 48"w 15"L and 18"H
I have a larger grain sand substrate and I'm running a cascade 1000 and a AC50
And my current stocking is
4 peppered Cory
3 Yoyo loaches ( planning on adding 1 or 2 more)
2 Kribs (male and female)
2 aspisto (cockatoo ones)
1 gold gourami
1 peacock eel
1 bristle nose pleco

Most everyone stays close to the bottom and I'd like to bring some more life to the mid and top of the tank.

I'd love to hear your opinion on what's in the tank already and what else I could put in it

OP
O

Omni024

Reaction score
What kind of barbs would you recommend? I would like a larger fish like 2.5" up (which a lot of the barbs that I've looked up do get to be about that size)

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to fishlore!
I'd replace the peppered cories with albino or bronze types as peppered cories need much cooler temps than kribs and apistos. Albino/bronze cories have a much wider temp range than do the peppered.

Jordan Harris

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I like the tiger barbs. I'm planning on getting some for my 50 gallon. Do keep in mind that they can be a bit nippy. However, keeping them in larger groups seems to solve that problem.

I3uckethead

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Adding a dark background and some tall and/or floating plants/decorations will help your fish feel more comfortable and less exposed and you will get more activity higher in the tank.

If you want activity, what about something like Zebra Danios? They're cheap, and they're kinda stupid so they never hide. No matter what, they're always zipping around the top of the tank. I think you could easily fit 8-10 in there.

Just keep in mind, peacock eels are carnivores and grow up to 12". Anything small is in danger as it grows. (Don't know what size it is right now)

OP
O

Omni024

Reaction score
The peacock eel is about 6-7 inches right now... He's kindof a but to feed but I'm trying some things I've read on the Internet seems to be working I've seen him eat once when I put frozen brine shrimp in his face. and thanks for the tips

New Threads