Almost done cycling freshwater planning what to stock

1. Chill Initiate Member

Hello. First post!

i have a 30 gallon tank with gravel substrate. Nice piece of driftwood. Some wisteria big amazon sword I think. Those little tiny crypts and one of the bigger ones. A penguin bio wheel filter, about to upgrade to a canister filter to run with it. Almost done cycling?

i have .25 ammonia, aprox 10 ppm nitrate, 1.0 nitrite. Gh 150. Around 120 kh. And between 7.2 and 7.8 ph

i did a fish cycle with a couple feeder goldfish and they are still with me. Had to do a lot of water changes to make it that way. I've also been researching fish and wondering what people think.

was thinking about 8 harlequin rasbora. 5 otocinclus. Pair of german blue ram. And maybe a banded gourami? Am I over stocked. Oh and I'm going to put the goldfish in my mothers pond

[​IMG]

2. Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Hi Chill, welcome to Fishlore!

My opinion is that you are still mid way through your cycle with the reduced amount of ammonia, though elevated amount of nitrite. The bacteria that consumes nitrite takes the longest to establish. I'm not the best with stocking, so I will let other answer your stocking question. Best of luck and have fun!

3. Chill Initiate Member

Thankyou! And darn I was hoping to put fish in soon I was at 5 ppm nitrite two days ago. Thought it was almost over. Oh well more time for research and you tube

4. Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

The hardest part of cycling isn't the testing or water changes, its having patience ;)

Now that you've found Fishlore, Please post in the appropriate sub forum and ask any questions you may have.

5. Chill Initiate Member

Oops I wrote it wrong amonia is .02