Almost 3 month old guppy fry have no color?

1. Salazar Member Member

So, my mama guppy had 3 fry (sadly she died). One of the fry died but the other two are nearly three months old now. None of them have color yet. Why? Is something wrong with them? They are already the size of the dad.

(5.5g 1 adult male, two ottos, and two baby guppies. 70-75 degrees Fahrenheit. Ammonia levels are .25)

2. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

They may be late bloomers, or females.

3. plecodragon Well Known Member Member

Did mama guppy have any color? Also do the fry's anal fins look like a fan or a stick like dad's. They could be females like Lexi said above. Some females don't have any color, while others have tails that are as colorful as the males.

4. Salazar Member Member

well, i don't know who is daddy because the female i got was in a tank with males. that were different than mine. and she had a bluish tail, so if it was a female and the one at the pet store was its dad (all the males were blue) then it would probably have a blue tail. and one of them is smaller so i think its male. and the bigger one i noticed a tiny bit of black at the edge of the tail. (on the body) i guess they could be late bloomers, but i dont think that is the case. :confused: ???