120g, 2/33g, 25g, 15g, 2/12g and 2/5g

MISC FISH:
Diamond Tetra
Wide Bar Datnoid
Gar fish
FW Barracuda
Platys

BETTA:
5 Veil tail males: Jasper, Mr. Peach (dalmatian markings), Aries, Sebastian and Jellybean
1 DR CT female: Holly
1 Platinum white baby DR CT male Casper
1 Aqua/white/red CT male Buster

SA cichlids~
3 Angelfish: black male, zebra lace & silver females
3 Keyhole cichlids

Lake MalawI African cichlids~
2 blue haps Holding
6 Cobalt zebras
7 PS. AceI Tanzania
5 Yellow labs
FRY: cobalts, haps, acei

PLECOS/CATS:
Blue Phantom
Blue Panaque
Clown female
Snowball
Common Bristle noses
: Breeding pair & a female
5 1" and 4 1" regular & albino baby bns
3 Otos

Golden apple snails up the wazoo.

Re: Allie's Tanks

I just got the last 5 angels a few days ago...I will have pix as soon as I get batteries...they just ran out before I got the last fish. I do have the pix from their previous owner tho.
I put the size of the plecos in the first part of the thread
We had 9 black skirt tetra in there but they fought too much. I love Diamond tetra...we may try and get 5 more...

My female krib

male krib

Re: Allie's Tanks *updated*

The 30 gallon has my HAPPY kribensis in it now.
The 20 gallon empty
2 empty 10s and a 5g...soon to be a Betta.

120g angels
30g kribensis

Jasper's 10 gallon tank

We've got every tank pretty much the way we want them to be

We are changing the scheme of the 120g

New pixs...we shifted around some plants, wood, rocks and fish...I will post a pix of the 120 gallon when we have it exactly how we want it...very soon. ;D
Until I find a cheap bigger tank for all my angels...they have been split up in 2 tanks for now.
20g 3 smallest angels

30g Angels, & tetra

10g Jasper's tank...to the left of the see the baby bn pleco?

The 120 gallon after yesterdays changes...making room for our fish to grow. The that came out with all of those plants we moved to other tanks. The tank was dirtier than I thought.

10g Sorority CT Betta tank

I got my 52g tank tonight. Were setting up for awhile then the angels are going in it.
We got 2/52g retro tanks with stands for $75...some guy was cleaning out a rental property & someone just left the tanks there. So wre going to sell the other one.
Will post pix as soon as the tank is ready for them...and my batteries charge.

yea.. I gotta see these retro tanks.. O0
Here they are not set up.

Mine set up without fish for a bit...had to use tap water so I want to wait a bit to add my sensitive angels.
Excuse the raw looking lights. Ty is making a cover for it eventually or we are getting the hang from the celling light like our 120 gallon has.

cool.. now you just need some retro fish. O0
If I liked all those fake colorful plants & tank ornaments...I could do the tie dyed theme. lol

Here's the 20 gallon Betta sorority with more plants added today....the tank should be totally full of plants in two weeks.

Here some pics of Jasper's tank which is under the 50 gallon on the shelf in the stand.

50g angels and kribs

50g is all just kribs now, plus the 5 diamonds to distract them.

Changed up the plants, took out the amazon sword...it took up too much of the tank. I did it all by myself.

COBettaCouple
lol.. looks like a whole different tank

Allie
It does a bit. Rone, my bf took out the diamond tetra too. I want to see the fry swim the whole tank, not 1/2 of it. They seem to think they still can't go past the log, lol.

100g tall

My bf's friend moved and couldn't keep their 100 gallon tall so they traded it for our 50g. Now I have 100 gallon with angels, datnoids, diamond tetra, neets, my male krib, knife fish and the plecos. This temporary until sell some of the fish or we set up our second bedroom as a small fish room...or move first hopefully. Thank goodness they are mostly baby fish. It's on the floor until we get a stand made this weekend.

COBettaCouple
if they have a 60 gallontank they want to trade for our 30g, we'd be happy to.

great pickup there!

Allie
if they have a 60 gallontank they want to trade for our 30g, we'd be happy to.

great pickup there!
Their landlord won't allow more than 50g...so we lucked out big time.

COBettaCouple
hmm.. yea, that sux.. for them.
Their landlord won't allow more than 50g...so we lucked out big time.

Allie
We had to switch the piranha from the 120 gallon to the 100 gallon tall the other day. The 120g's light are very bright which is producing a lot of bright green algae....can't have plecos with piranha therefore you have an algae covered tank which looked awful.
So all the datnoids, angels kribs diamond tetra etc...oh and the 4 fancy plecos are back in the 120 gallon for good.
Once the red bellies are sold...the 100 gallon is going to be an African cichlids tank. This time will more fun b/c my we know what species of LM cichlids we like and don't like.
They have a lot of algae to much on the next bit.

Here are some updated pix of the 120g. We are getting 2 more tanks, a 55 gallon and another for xmas. I can't wait to set one of th tanks up as an african cichlid tank again. I loved taking pictures of those cichlids.

Kevin
looks amazing...you're so lucky you have room for all those tanks...and they're BEAUTIFUL!

Allie
2 more...excuse the algae...the plecos haven't gotten a chance to clean it up yet.

looks amazing...you're so lucky you have room for all those tanks...and they're BEAUTIFUL!
Thanks. Our apartment may be large but it's in a terrible area...which is why we are moving after the 1st of next year. The apartment we are going are big too, plus we're going to a bottom floor so we can have even bigger tanks.

Woo hoo! We're down to 8 piranha, sold the rest...so they can go in a smaller tank. I get to put my angels, diamond tetra and kribs back in the 100 gallon tall. The baby kribs are big enough to go in too...they will grow out fast in that big of a tank.

Kevin
how many baby kribs have survived?

Allie
Kevin
We counted 37 babies.
that sounds like a really good survival rate...congrats!

Allie
that sounds like a really good survival rate...congrats!
Thanks

Mixed African cichlid tank

Kevin
oooo...pretty!

COBettaCouple
yea, I love those beautiful cichlids!

Allie
Thanks guys...I really missed having an african tank. It's so much more active than an angelfish tank. Now I have both, well sorta.

We acquired a 75 gallon home made wooden & glass front tank last night...it's too nice. We need to make a stand for it....mmm? What do with it when it's ready? We're down to 3 big tanks now...120, 100, 75 and 3 10gs

COBettaCouple
maybe Oscars or Discus?

We acquired a 75 gallon home made wooden & glass front tank last night...it's too nice. We need to make a stand for it....mmm? What do with it when it's ready? We're down to 5 tanks now...120, 100, 75 and 3 10gs

Allie
maybe Oscars or Discus?
I think we are going to put more africans in it. My bf wants the 120 gallon be a Frontosa tank after we move. It'd be a great tank for an african set up.
We don't like Oscars too much here. We had a few already, they were all mean. Even our 2" Tiger Oscar. Who ate the belly out of a 3" $60 arrowana. >
Discus is something I really want to keep but are so expensive.

We acquired a 75 gallon home made wooden & glass front tank last night...it's too nice. We need to make a stand for it....mmm? What do with it when it's ready? We're down to 3 big tanks now...120, 100, 75 and 3 10gs
Ok not keeping the 75g....I really don like it. It has that awful blue background in it permanently....it's about 30 yrs old. I put my foot down no more big tanks until AFTER we moved in Feb/March. The 120 & 100 gallon is too much as it is. But once we get settled in the new place... bring on the big tanks.

MudHog
how about a tank with central or south america cichlids?

Your Africans don't need plants of some sort?

Allie
how about a tank with central or south america cichlids?

Your Africans don't need plants of some sort?
They will eat them...I may buy some cheap plants to put in later.

MudHog
ahhhh, that explains it then.

Do all of them eat plants or certain ones?

Allie
ahhhh, that explains it then.

Do all of them eat plants or certain ones?
They will eat anything that is green. The Mbuna from Lake MalawI love algae. I have mostly Mbuna in my tank.

MudHog
Thanks for that info.

In the future I want a cichlid tank and was thinking of doing it planted. Glad I didn't set it up with live plants, they wouldn't of lasted to long.

Allie
Here how the tanks are looking now. My bf made the 100g's stand nicer by putting flooring on it.
He also froze his butt off going to get more rocks at the beach for the 120g. I love the look.

COBettaCouple
great changes! they look great. ;D

Kevin
love all the new rocks in the 100g, the stand looks nice also!

MagpieTear

What are you using for a background on this tank??? (need an envy smilie)

MudHog
looking great. makes me want a bigger tank even more.

Allie
ninilie
Did you just stack your rocks or did you silicon them in place? Asking because I am going over the holiday to get some rocks/wood and maybe shells to put in my african tank. Doing the collecting from beach thing as well. I could have go to the beach local instead of waiting til I go to my parents but it will be much more fun collecting with my family.

Your tanks look very nice and gives me lots of ideas. Right now I have two caves made out of petrified wood and some sort of slate all from the lfs. My guys really need more hiding places though so an overhaul is coming.

Allie
Did you just stack your rocks or did you silicon them in place? Asking because I am going over the holiday to get some rocks/wood and maybe shells to put in my african tank. Doing the collecting from beach thing as well. I could have go to the beach local instead of waiting til I go to my parents but it will be much more fun collecting with my family.

Your tanks look very nice and gives me lots of ideas. Right now I have two caves made out of petrified wood and some sort of slate all from the lfs. My guys really need more hiding places though so an overhaul is coming.
My boyfriend puts them right on the glass and stacked them...these rocks are huge & heavy. They aren't going anywhere.
Just remember to rinse the rocks or soak them in a bucket if dirty.

It's all African cichlids around here now...120g and 100 gallon are all Africans. Once the fry in the 100 gallon grow out more they will be sorted according to species in smaller tanks.
The angels are in their own tank now...but the lighting is terrible so no pixs yet. Not until my bf makes the canopy and gets better bulbs.
We are getting 6 more tanks...for fry. We are going to try to get as many cheap set ups as we can for our store.
100g fry grow out and 120 gallon sub-adult to adult

Kevin
cool!
sounds like those africans are really going at it!

COBettaCouple
Love all those 'little' ones swimming around! ;D

Allie
cool!
sounds like those africans are really going at it!
Some of them are but we bought the fry in the 100 gallon so we could get a head start. We want to make sure we have enough of each species to sell when the store opens. Most of our africans aren't ready to breed yet.

33g Angelfish & Diamond tetra....two of the Datnoids are in there for now too. Plus some plecos

COBettaCouple
What beautiful plecos!

Allie
What beautiful plecos!
Thanks...I love them. The Blue Phantom is getting aggressive with the Clown and Blue panaque. We may have to sell him...I am hoping we can put him another tank tho.

COBettaCouple
Yea, I would definitely want to hold on to him.
Thanks...I love them. The Blue Phantom is getting aggressive with the Clown and Blue panaque. We may have to sell him...I am hoping we can put him another tank tho.

Allie
10g Divided betta
Jasper left side & Holly the right

Mr. peach's 5g, the 33g angelfish pair etc, and 65g pond.

COBettaCouple
Have you posted a thread on your 65g pond? Did you DIY that? I'd love to know how you set it up, etc. Uh-oh, MTS is talking!

Allie
Have you posted a thread on your 65g pond? Did you DIY that? I'd love to know how you set it up, etc. Uh-oh, MTS is talking!
It was a plastic pond. It's down now...We had it on the 100 gallon tall's stand, with a fluval 304 on it and an aqua clear. Got some plastic floater plants and there ya go....when we actually move were are setting it up again. It was a nice idea but we didn't want o get to heavily into it until after we move.

Here is my 33g which is now in our bedroom. With my angels: Ziggy & Shadow, the diamond tetra & 3 keyholes.

1. 20 gallon marjunatus piranha
2. 25g long red belly piranha
3. 20 gallon Wide bar datnoid and fancy plecos
4. 33g Angels, Keyhole and diamond tetra
5. 120 gallon African cichlids

Updates of tanks
1. 44g Diamond
2. 33g aceI fry grow out tank
3. 120 gallon african cichlids
4. 44g close up

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies