all those with MTS......

jeniferdwn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just curious, but where do you keep so many and such big tanks in your home? I have a decent size house for my family of 4, but there just doens't seem to be room for big tanks or lots of tanks? I've been bitten hard by the fish bug since joining this forum!!! :-\

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
MTS strikes again ! I have a 75g and a 55g in the living room.
Then I Have a small room off the hall way that was advertised as a bedroom but isn't big enough so now it's a fish room with 2-30g longs, a 55g, a 20g long, a 20g grow out tank and a 29g tank going up soon as a grow out tank.
Carol

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have smaller tanks lined all over the living room. 30, 20, 3 10's, 3 5's, 4 and a 2.5.
I just keep adding tables and stands. lol
Oh, they have also started to invade my dining room. A 20 long and a 4g.

I have no idea how that happened.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
The counter space in my kitchen houses 4 betta/ADF tanks. A small desk in the kitchen houses another betta tank. The kitchen wall houses a 90g and two 20g tanks.

My family room houses 6 55g tanks, two 75g tanks, a 5g betta tank, 4 29g tanks, and two 20g tanks.

My bedroom houses two 55g tanks and three 29g tanks

The extra bedroom houses a 50g corner tank, a 20g tank, and a 29g tank.

Double-stacking stands are the way to go!

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well, I just now got my first tank cycled and now watching to make sure its stable...I already am dreaming about more tanks! ah! I live with my family till school is over and I have a smaller room. Actually we don't have a particularly small house but I have the smallest of rooms. I had plenty of room to fit my 20g and stand...I'm all ready rearranging & getting rid of furniture in my room in my mind to see where I could fit another without feeling to cramped or cluttered...My 20 gallon stand actually has room to put one on the bottom I'm thinking of putting one there and making it like a quarantine tank spot since I hear they are such a good idea. I could probably fit one more tank/stand combo in my room with out too much trouble (would have to get rid of something though). After that I prob will have to wait till I'm in my own place, then I'm thinking I can do 1-2 tanks in every room

A Sneaky Fatman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
lol, i dug out my old 10 gal tank and put it under my 55 to keep my gourami in while i cycle his 29. The stacking stand thing is pretty handy. Don't have MTS yet, seeing as I now have an empty 29 gal. but will probably see something in the coming year;D

jeniferdwn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
bolivianbaby -- I see you've only been keeping fish for 1 year!?!?! Wow! You've been busy!! You have to answer my other post "/mts - part 2"! I msut get to work saving so I can catch up with you guys!!

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
HOLY _________ some of you don't have no worry about your house burning down you have enough water to put it out. I think people should start posting pics of there "fish rooms".

I only have 2 tanks and a pond so it's easy to space out.

Chris123

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
trailblazer295 said:
HOLY _________ some of you don't have no worry about your house burning down you have enough water to put it out. I think people should start posting pics of there "fish rooms".

I only have 2 tanks and a pond so it's easy to space out.
Some Already have

I keep my tanks on furniture in my room but im planning on building a stand so i can get more

Chris

lorabell

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ive got 10 gal on kitchen counter,55 gal in spare room, 20 sw quarantine in our BR,38 gal SH tank in BR,29 gal FW community on dresser in BR, 20 gal bb puffer in comp room,72 Bf on its way to being a reef tank in computer room, 5 gal betta tank on computer table,36BF in LR,and the monster 155 in LR(we got rid of furniture).......and if we dont start using the couch thats gonna go to!!!!!!......lol........ask Ken he built around his!!!!!!!!!..And if I wasnt doing my ultimate tank(reef) I wouldnt stop there.......Im inot this a little over a year....MTS,MTS,MTS,MTS

allibobs

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
We have 2 on counters in the kitchen, 3 in the living room & 1 on the landing. I so want a tank on my bed side table, the Betta tank that is in my Kitchen was meant to be on my bedroom but never quite made it.

anaugle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
bolivianbaby said:
The counter space in my kitchen houses 4 betta/ADF tanks. A small desk in the kitchen houses another betta tank. The kitchen wall houses a 90g and two 20g tanks.

My family room houses 6 55g tanks, two 75g tanks, a 5g betta tank, 4 29g tanks, and two 20g tanks.

My bedroom houses two 55g tanks and three 29g tanks

The extra bedroom houses a 50g corner tank, a 20g tank, and a 29g tank.

Double-stacking stands are the way to go!
WOW!!!!! That's alot. But I can't say anything though.........
I have 2 - 10 g in the dining room
1 - 50g and 1 - 5.5g and 1 - 6g in the living room
1 - 20g in the hall way off the living room
All in eye view,....it kind of looks like a fish store in here.!! LOL

I like the double stacking idea!!!! Thx for the idea... LOL

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've got 180gal in the back room. 29gal & 63gal in the loungeroom. Another 180gal & 55gal in the garage (along with a few smaller tanks for QT etc), Then there is a 15gal, 2 x 10gal & a 5gal in the study for the kids.

brokenwing

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have a 15 gallon and a ten gallon in my bedroom. A empty 75 gallon off the kitchen next to the computer that is in progress, and 3 empty 10 gallons in the shed, not sure what to do with them. Watch out for these folks they will lure you into mts lol.

claudicles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have one large tank in 4 different rooms and 8 tanks on a single built in book shelf. I do have a big house.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning Jenifer

I had my screened porch enclosed. The tank was too large to get through the house so the room had to be built around the tank (more or less ). We managed to get the tank in place before the final wall was closed.

Ken

Attachments

jeniferdwn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You guys are a very bad influence on me!!! I purchased a 10 gal empty tank yesterday to start a planted tank. Just have to figure out what to put on the bottom - sand or gravel or dirt.

Anyway, aquarist48, I love your house and porch!!! I would love to close in our deck!

thanks for sharing everyone!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom