All Test Kit Readings - Are These Good?

Tila
Hello.
I'm trying to cycle a new tank and I have some readings to show. It's been running for more than a week but I didn't do readings until recently. Just wanted to ask how it's going.

That AMo is for ammonia

Attachments

• 15315863612691715797892.jpg
    15315863612691715797892.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 110
BottomDweller
Looks like it's going well. The fact that nitrites are showing shows that the bacteria that turns ammonia into nitrite is growing. Definitely not cycled yet but it's started!

Tila
Looks like it's going well. The fact that nitrites are showing shows that the bacteria that turns ammonia into nitrite is growing. Definitely not cycled yet but it's started!

Thank you. Thank good for that. Can I add fish there or do I have to wait a little?

BottomDweller
I would wait until it is fully cycled with no ammonia or nitrite

Tila
I would wait until it is fully cycled with no ammonia or nitrite
Thank you for your help

NYFishGuy
Are you dosing ammonia? Nitrate seems really high for a new tank. what is the substrate, what else is in the tank?
Also ph jumping from 6.5 to 7.5 in a day seems a bit odd.

Hunter1
How are you testing?

Seems weird nitrates would go down unless you did a water change, which wasn’t mentioned?

I recommend the API master test kit if that isn’t what you are already using.

And like NY, curious what ammonia source you are using.

Tila
How are you testing?

Seems weird nitrates would go down unless you did a water change, which wasn’t mentioned?

I recommend the API master test kit if that isn’t what you are already using.

And like NY, curious what ammonia source you are using.
I'm actually using 2 tests. One is ApI and the other for ammonia is the one in the pic. I haven't done any water changes but I did put some salt and Aqua Safe when I filled the tank

I did add some cute white stones ( which I believe are limestone. Maybe they helped on raising the PH

Attachments

• 1531593642251928497578.jpg
    1531593642251928497578.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 94
jdhef
Limestone will raise your pH.

Willed
I'm actually using 2 tests. One is ApI and the other for ammonia is the one in the pic. I haven't done any water changes but I did put some salt and Aqua Safe when I filled the tank

I did add some cute white stones ( which I believe are limestone. Maybe they helped on raising the PH
Just a suggestion- I wouldn't add salt to your tank virtually ever. As a short bath in a separate container it can be useful for parasites and in lower doses in the main tank (or QT tank) for a struggling fish to reduce energy they have to waste on osmoregulation. I wouldn't add it unless you really have to, IMO. Or, at least be aware it doesn't evaporate from the water so keep it in mind how much you remove during water changes instead of dosing without any water change. Sorry, this is a kinda convoluted post.

NYFishGuy

So are you adding ammonia some how? fish food?
You're leaving out the key ingredient of starting to cycle a tank. There's a little more to it than just filling a tank and running a filter.

Tila
So are you adding ammonia some how? fish food?
You're leaving out the key ingredient of starting to cycle a tank. There's a little more to it than just filling a tank and running a filter.
Of course I'm adding fish food every 12 hours.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
H2O Concierge
  • Question
Replies
Views
Matt11711
  • Question
Replies
Views
bcfishtanks