All Right new filter

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So my mom made me go with her yesterday to some stores and we stopped by a petstore to get some dog food for our dog and usually there prices are high but I checked out there fish supply section. To my disbelief they had omega one fish food the cheapest I'v ever seen it and a stingray submergible filter. I'v been looking for that type of filter for awhile since I'v heard such good things about it but never found it so I gave up. Lately I haven't been happy with the filteration in the 2.5 especially with trying to heal the tetras I thought it was about time to get a new filter. It was only ten dollars but I haven't set it up yet. I'v taken it apart already to see how it works and I'm impressed with it's simplicity and the way the directions say to clean it. They say to rinse or replace the filters in tank water and never to replace all the media at once . I also got the big canisters of omega one fish food one veggie 14$ and one tropical flakes 12$.

Austin

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Sounds Good. ;D Let us know how the filter works.

Gwenz

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Those are great prices for the big canisters and they will last awhile.
Carol

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
O I will, I'll write a review on it but yes they do last me a while butterfly that's why I like them, they don't go bad do they? I'm not setting up the filter until later this weekend and until I have all my homework done so it gives me an incentive to finish it because I hate writing speeches when we don't get good directions and that's what I have to do. There the 5.7 Ounce bottles I think.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
What is a stingrey submersible filter? How does it work? What tanks is it for? Never heard of such a filter.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That basically tells you all about it, if you click on more information it gives you the directions on it too. I'v only heard good things about it but couldnt find it but now I did and I hope I won't regret it. I'll be able to tell you more once I put it in but it goes up to 15 gallons I think and It sucks the water at the bottom and puts it out through the top. It has two filter pads and two zeolite and carbon packs in it. It's thin and small that's another thing I like about it.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Sounds like a cool filter. Does it need an airpump or does it work by itself?

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Nope no air pump that's what I really like. Really sponge filters and other filters aren't cheaper that run on air pumps if you don't have one, but if you do there cheap. I'm gona hook it up tonight after I clean the tank when my dad's running because he doesn't llike me taking out all the water out of the tanks. He'd probably flip out on how much water some of you guys use because you have so many tanks.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
LOL, I can imagine! He is probably worried about water bills. I don't want to think about my electricity and water usage bills when I add a 75 gallon tank to my already existent 10 and 30 gallon tanks. The lights (which will be of compact fluorescent type over the 75 gallon tank), the filters, the heaters, and everything else in all of the 3 tanks will probably use up a lot of electricity and water. Not to mention the initial costs of buying and furnishing all of the 3 tanks in total! What an expensive hobby, eh? And yet ... I love my fishies! As well as ... my cats and squirrels ... lol ;D

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yup and you can imagine how he feels since I paintball too and that costs money also. I'm working on another tank right now.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I know what you meen about water/ electricity bills. My mum went mad last month when she found out how much it was. She couldn't figure out how it cost so much, so I tried to stay quiet and not say anything, but she soon figured out it was the tanks that made them cost so much. :-[ :-\ ....Ooops,... oh well. I love my fishies and wouldn't give any of them away.

Austin, let us know how it works.

Gwenz

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom