All Of Canadianfishfans Bettas

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
So I thought why not share every single betta I have ever owned on here with a bit of detail to them and of course photos! So here we go ive had over 18 bettas.

Blaze
Sept 15 - Oct 23 2016
Red male veiltail betta
Loved his bubbles and shrimp friends.
I dont know why he passed away.

Galaxy
October 25 2016 - May 6 2018
MultiColor veiltail male betta
Was my fav betta and I miss him so much. I im tearing up right now as I write this in memory. He loved playing in his log and sleeping in it all night. I spoiled him so much.
He passed away from a fungus, its all my fault .

Nebula
Bought: Jan 25 2016 - May 10 2017
Blue male doubletail halfmoon
Was my first fancy pricey fish and I knew I was in the fish hobby at this point.
He passed away from fin melt.

Neptune
Bought: March 9 - March 30 2017
Blue male dumbo halfmoon
He loved to explore and hunt his food.
I still have no clue why he passed away.

Jupiter
Bought: March 23 2017 - Thursday, November 22, 2018
Paradise Delta Tail male betta
He is my oldest betta and loves to change colors! He also loves flareing.
He passed from old age
qvpAkXrg65_WsWNq97pkjnBmBLHNSwnHHEtmwvurIMXxuR2imx-21hcitAoyAD9V5IKgw-_jUs0FLv7vi8ktHn-wEqZh-Z0M.png

Rose
May 12 2017 - Liveing
Veiltail baby female betta
Rose was my first ever female betta she was sold super small. She loves to jump for food bite me... This is the first time my fish stores sold colorful bettas, this started a trend in our city.
Rose is still liveing!
jcPAsaF5vGCwwe1afLGYVNtrMdntkC828Zcx9_GqxZONQn9yQVoeRCPCJwg7MDqBh1DRiS6pG190t8Lre_kYf212irgNW9gQ.png

Iris
June 23 2017 - August 20 2018
Female Halfmoon betta
I bought her first but in the back of the store found a dream betta ( next photo) My mom ended up keeping her in a 2 gallon with with no filter heater or light. I later stole her and gave her a 5 gallon.
She passed away from Dropsy.
FFx0YiC60-Mj5UnnGVqUHNzDI8mQ210mrqSIiG4CDqsebWapeHPdp-eDokXEYFIdMS2YToh2ffw_1A8M8B9buxCIP03Q5IDs.png

Poppy
June 23 2017 - August 3 2018
Female koi betta
She was the second betta I bought with iris. She ended up marbleing but loved gossiping to rose.
I dont know why she passed away
aSUzheIIo91TWuL4G9dMpHSGr-YYKQ8JfEKxoSwXkFWgPdmIYSxtnBUbsX136fvlilKdhj6fMd--25VxjeSHRAVD2BRRNLm4.png

Mars
Sept 1 2017 - Jan 21 2018
Male mustard gas betta
Was my little pineapple chunk. Was moved after a scare in my planted tank. He was on his side breathing heavy but soon as I put him in a bowl he was better.
He passed away from fin rot.
kPTOIPXR4Eg6tGHR0Nm6-mOFTXmeu3eQXFLDDAFrOkSfxISNLKwu8z_jWBKOEA4tUbPcyGB4I7wGaDhkABfg--NZYY6_6w7M.png

Samurai
Sept 28 2017 - Jan 26 2018
Koi male plaket betta
Built huge bubble nests! Such a cutie who wanted to breed so bad. I bought him with his sister Dahlia.
He passed away by some infection on his back ( swear a bone was sticking out)
3oLsja3PwzR3BFkHigPI2zAuX2i3_80AoWrfsL0bggQgyflqxeiNKztCA01ZqhkLcooGkrnpPbZ3PNFqLOlc8mltY6gTK6kk.png

Dahlia
Sept 28 - Liveing
Female koi/dalmation betta
She loves hideing and stareing at things. Was bought as an impulse buy with her brother.
She is liveing but has a fluid build up im treating.
5V-8j-02Mz_grVMgADU3FM5U8eT5fb-HkhnbhK2ZK8dHRaqDhXy-f0-rm14O9y_HU2FpIu58BQtelzoL9Oyo9eDW6LcG2HOI.png

Splash
October 21 2017 - liveing
Tricolor marble halfmoon male betta
Well before he went all blue this is how he looked. He is such a cutie with extra long fins. My mom impulsed bought him WITHOUT me! I was at school and came home to this cutie. ( Iris was then given to me)
He has fin rot but it has stopped and im waiting for his fins to grow back. Still eats and swims happy!
qxzVi1nexvhe6SnuqGE5MovR1WT5m_hyX0IeNqphpjU8EzYyIyGUeezxFSKeC7S2mRIAn9lX-h1krplbyC-4hfJXcDK19jww.png

Mercury
Jan 23 2018 - July 29
Halfmoon/Delta tail male betta
This was my first ever rescue bettas. I bought all 3 in a divided 1 gallon. I came home from school after looking at these guys on Kijji for days. I for sure thought he would die from stress and fin rot. He was so scared of me and I knew in the end he know he would have died if I didnt save him. (If you want more info on the rescues tell me and the thread will be out!)
He passed away from old age with cataracts.
BJGOYjPP6inXJuzQ1Y5vLPUadOHC6hyuzY0ZhjnFtlIoF4E-fO5YmGfh30ziOEOccKl7WUfAmGjCkJ5MqVKFdwJ4E2MPri1U.png

Pluto
Jan 23 - may 17 2018
Blue veiltail male betta
He was super stressed when I first got him with the rescues. He was my profile picture on fishlore.
I dont know why he passed away
iSisa-140gIwjEFnhWw1-gAPl6m3t-DUVtAGfcxxEd4MO0VY1bX82jjhTMOAmj5sC-dJIY82ev8IqE35vxSPtuHCqIvsQgqo.png

Flame
Jan 23 - 26 2018
Male red long fin plaket betta.
He loved being close to the surface. He passed away days after being bought.
I think from stress.
upload_2018-8-26_21-45-56.png

Comet
April 18 - May 6 2018
Baby male doubletail halfmoon
Was the most smallest doubletail betta at the store. Was a early birthday present.
Sadly he passed away, I dont know why...
upload_2018-8-26_21-49-15.png

Lily
May 6 - Nov. 13, 2018
Baby female koi betta
Was super small and had no color. Now she marbled and is so pretty!!
She passed away from dropsy. I took only hours to become serve.
upload_2018-8-26_21-53-17.png

Emerald
August 17 - August 25
Baby crowntail blue female betta
Half the size of rose! Was small and cute. She was never activate once in her tank.
She passed away with a bloated stomach and had cloudy eyes that morning.

Got any questions? Want to see the full story on the trio rescue? I will try to update this!

Update: No more then 10 photos?! Boy im mad

Last edited:

Repolie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Wow, you must've completed your betta wish list. You have so many betta variations over the years that I still want and haven't found yet. Jelly of you.

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Wow, you must've completed your betta wish list. You have so many betta variations over the years that I still want and haven't found yet. Jelly of you.
I want so many more still lol. Rosetail, white betta, koi halfmoon, male crowntail betta and another dumbo.

Well here is the rest of the fish photos
Blaze
LAGs-AEYizBcM9DRJpB4ZCCaOjJX3dvcL7Gkj5vxcxRF3kKnxxcD0j-heRBGziV31NRCpqokJ0qMVp-FlUrzX9GlU_AQFQJE.png

Galaxy
M2NtoIvvgsrGlXNOhalx3OjTfQMdnuiv_3xqXSSZ1F8shOawolAQALW3L8bfRm8-4dRMVp5NhuaHj0QcSKHxQja5FsPjsnQk.png

Nebula
5lYgRBXIan3wNuq7fDyTH_G8CG8opCWJNNZ4Nut6-TDLAGv-LsapujfSSlzmJYYuvUd4gmrRJoseHa8rO5LAIcHfhPzrMuKM.png

Neptune
rLU87YXiSefhkaKvWMRFmw_zPATxUqQqWX9Q9-NuQ5EmSor85QciQyTRGMmza9pN58NoymlFwVlSxXiEDr6gi8In2OidxPRk.png

Jupiter
ppx8Cl7uTgpee631PHNTd7eNeDPZFd-RTvNVR9SePABBy8lQjK8Mc1uXLC85Q2UAd04JBIER5ASyu-TzUtBXoopW0HKRNcvg.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AJ34

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ugh I wish they could live forever or at least longer! Thanks for sharing I love seeing all the variety!

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Ugh I wish they could live forever or at least longer! Thanks for sharing I love seeing all the variety!
I do agree. Its just these dang petstores with terrible quality. I wish Galaxy lived forever

AJ34

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I do agree. Its just these dang petstores with terrible quality. I wish Galaxy lived forever
I hear ya on the petstores. Lately I have to go multiple times and locations to find a guy who doesn’t already look dead I just got another super cute baby (bigger this time and hopefully healthy) I sure hope he does better ! Petco closest by me is supposedly upgrading their tanks, but that won’t help if the people working there generally don’t care or can’t put in adequate time for the fish.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You have some beautiful ones!
I think I have had around twelve bettas, can't remember for sure.
My very first betta was purchased for me at eight years old, and been keeping them ever since.

Betta'sAnonymous

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I have learned that both Petco's and both Petsmart's in my city get their new be\as in on thursdays or fridays. Somehow how i always find myself in one or the other lol!! Get to see the really gorgeous ones before they sell to some stupid college kid for a dorm decoration!! Also, usually those fish are about the healthiest they will be in store. But almost everytime i go i still see a fish or two that make me wish i had the budget for another tank, try to rescue one.

Galaxy has about the same coloration as my crown tail!

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You have some beautiful ones!
I think I have had around twelve bettas, can't remember for sure.
My very first betta was purchased for me at eight years old, and been keeping them ever since.
The best was the day I had 13 alive betta at once.
WOah! Jupiter is BEAUTIFUL!
Thats after he marbled! Heres before,
upload_2018-8-29_17-27-54.png

I have learned that both Petco's and both Petsmart's in my city get their new be\as in on thursdays or fridays. Somehow how i always find myself in one or the other lol!! Get to see the really gorgeous ones before they sell to some stupid college kid for a dorm decoration!! Also, usually those fish are about the healthiest they will be in store. But almost everytime i go i still see a fish or two that make me wish i had the budget for another tank, try to rescue one.

Galaxy has about the same coloration as my crown tail!
I have to by now, fridays at 4pm bettas are just comeing out of boxes. I used to go every friday! I have only ever since a couple other bettas that looked like Galaxy.
I'm in love with Splash. He's so beautiful.
Well now he marbled blue... Completely...
hoA-MJ1ndzoWdrRdsMHdVpOkHQ9q3mEk5tcDJKyN7ULp7gBlid2_3FUoT3jfk8XjK8_5PH-gWZTns0z3d1Q=w353-h627-no.jpg

Dean
Bought: Sept 17, 2018 - Liveing!
Multi- Color male crowntail betta!
Bought from kijji from someone who bought him from a breeder. He is very THICC and larger then petstore bettas. He flares at anything! 5 other deans have been found on Instagram
Vl5aBcS-5jJmV_W83LnIhnNn6UnRqPEz6auy654mzcCnpGunNynN6QcXTuE3kpus2xn6NRnAyPLOMTlqxOc=w348-h618-no.jpg

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Time to add more
Saturn
Got: October 24, 2018 - Liveing
Maybe a halfmoon male betta.
Someone bought him as a rescue betta from petvalu with bad fin rot. Could no longer care for both bettas and contaced me and was willing to drive an hour and a half to me for the two bettas, tanks and supplies all for free! She loves them but cant take care of them and asks me every hour how they are doing. She even offered to give me money to care for them! Anyway he is just now regrowing his fins.
WEK3-sy08WxV45ecJbbLxOiaZ3eVBiga1-bKMqkOE_II0L2zk-cnZbxEIihXG-nVmJxxzelRiH2cAQnlgvQ=w348-h618-no.jpg

Finnagain
Got: October 24, 2018 - Liveing
Male multicolor veiltail betta
Has a bit of SBD but not much and loves to swim, flare and make bubble nests! Came from same owner as above. He is from petsmart.
Ojyt8NAbc9aCbxovEPwkN15ifUha7oxmvQGZ-USGrGsC827lxF2VpfB2YCTccn2d3BUxRfp7YW4pkfZXjnt=w348-h618-no.jpg

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Very. T H I C C
Agree! For a petstore betta he is kinda thicc, not as thicc as Dean but pretty good.

Astro ( Asteroid)
November 27, 2018 - Living
Male veiltail betta
From petsmart for %40 due to his clamped fins. He is 1/3 soon to be rescues!
He is very small and cute!!
(Making a full thread soon)
0h0VLys2xSL-vtNaZRors5NtPSpltI-8Lw8ql4w67XQB7rCUmUqroFFiYUXsMdSBIZb4lQ2kt5LK5xUpoxF=w344-h610-no.jpg

Vaughn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I usually don't like crowntails much but Dean is awesome! Do you have more pictures of him?

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I usually don't like crowntails much but Dean is awesome! Do you have more pictures of him?
Of course! And agree wasn't to big of a fan of crowntails either but he is co cute!
I love when he somehow got cozy in this branch things top. lol
Q_s1FClTh1t5jNfQajF7ph5EGi3i8zXl6bUDRnVOiPiI5EUBpriYaj_ttbLssfzVVglYk3O8XcSw8oBTP2W=w344-h610-no.jpg
3tGF5lnxgs2EpCobUkZLMcYQ2-xe5CYf1LfulVPrXltQ3orxcXFeXT08JCjcuRtXPX_yPT7RHbcrXSU0Gxx=w344-h610-no.jpg

gBoOa7goPE94qRuqEjT_22St1Iam1euIrdiWbhAgvOSfTu9Wqpppz3l0DhM0EqUu-vioN01nkRqmlhiffDy=w344-h610-no.jpg
tXJcuUvgwScv5f4dtQXgyGtlE8Ayh7F2Iny4F8Xb-f0vYLxi2C7mDySTm-dzWkENWzq4jCDZfOCRbBx02Bf=w344-h610-no.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom