All Of A Sudden Pics Too Large?

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Sorry if this is in the wrong section. Over the past couple days every time I’ve tried to upload a pic to a post or thread it keeps coming back that the file is too large. I’ve always been able to post pics from my phone. Is there a way to make the pics smaller to allow you to upload them to a thread/post? @Mike @Coradee ... thanks!

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I've had the same thing. I just crop them a little and I can post them just fine. Bit annoying though.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi, it seems a few people are having similar problems, I’ll move this to the Forum issues board. In the meantime if pics are too large you can resize them for free here www.picresize.com

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Same thing here, i manually have to resize many of them through my photo editor lol also uploading off of cell phone if that makes a difference in trying to sort out the issue.

I figured maybe my phone just changed formats on something lol

pagoda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am able to do the full size without an issue....thumbnails are a tad argumentative though....time for a healthy dose of sledgehammer to the servers @Mike ;)

(The site was running in slo-mo a couple hours ago too....thought it might be a DDoS bot attack as that can mess up the image uploading too sometimes)

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hmmm... I just increased the allowed sizes for the forum. Those having issues, can you try again and let me know if it works?

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
@Feohw can you try 1 more time? I just made another change and wanted to see if it affects the uploads.

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Worked for me this round. Uploaded a 4.0MB photo. Previously told me anything over 2 was too large for the server to process

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
One more thing. Is it just me that's no longer seeing members tagged as OP of a thread? I've been confused all day as random members are acting like the op of a thread. But it turns out they are, they just don't have the symbol on their profile pic.

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am removing some addons in preparation of a forum upgrade. That was an addon.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom