29 Gallon Tank All new tank stocking ideas

saddleupjep

Thinking about stock for my 29g currently cycling (with two 30g HOB filters and heater). I am thinking kuhli loaches, pygmy cories, amano shrimp, and electric blue rams. I would welcome any suggestions on group numbers or heads up on behaviors, since I have never had any of these kinds of fish before (I have had amanos). I'm really only familiar with labyrinth fish and tetras in regards to tank setup and care. I don't think I can get a guaranteed sex ratio on the EBRs so I don't know if having more than one is a good idea, although I would like to. I know kuhlis and cories school. I have glass pebble substrate (4mm pebbles, it's more like sand or really small gravel) and a couple large pieces of driftwood. What else should I add to the tank?

BigManAquatics

I would only get 1 ram for a 29. Also, maybe pick something that isn't a bottom dweller. All those are primarily bottom dwellers! Gonna be a full bottom and empty everything else :) though the pygmies and the loaches may swim in the upper levels some.

saddleupjep

The pygmies are supposedly mid level schoolers and frankly I'm not attached to the idea of loaches so those can go.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
RedOnion
  • Question
Replies
Views
CobyCollins0215
Replies
Views
killerv