All My Fish Are Dying!

Radar2006

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Also, always quarantine new fish before adding them to an established tank or if you get them all at the same time, then quarantine them all together, even though you don't see any signs of illness. It is the best thing to do for all new fish.
I got all the fish from a friend that works at a fish store and they were all healthy from his tank.

Water surface agitated enough?
Temperature too high?
Osmotic shock due to lack of minerals?
Lights on 24/7?
Water surface is good temperature is 72 ish I'm not sure about osmotic shock and at night I turn the blue lights to the dimmest settings

Chaory

Valued Member
Reaction score
I got all the fish from a friend that works at a fish store and they were all healthy from his tank.
From looking doesn't mean they are healthy. It is for your best option to quarantine, even if they look healthy or from a known source. Also they could have been stress from the move.

Water surface is good temperature is 72 ish I'm not sure about osmotic shock and at night I turn the blue lights to the dimmest settings
They should have temperature from 75-80 degrees F.

BeanFish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Do you still have the corpses in there? You can try opening them up or at least looking at their gills. Look up ammonia burn and nitrite poisoning on google images and compare that with your fish gills.
And if you did not add any ammonia then the bacteria starved, so you are not cycled.

Radar2006

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Do you still have the corpses in there? You can try opening them up or at least looking at their gills. Look up ammonia burn and nitrite poisoning on google images and compare that with your fish gills.
And if you did not add any ammonia then the bacteria starved, so you are not cycled.
I'm sorry I'm wrong I did add ammonia

I understand the tank will go into shock after adding a lot of fish, but I have never had this many fish die at one time after adding fish

Not being pushy at all I want to figure it out. It will be a bit before I can't do all the tests right now as I do not have the API master kit I have to borrow it from my sister in law. I can test ammonia right now.
Ammonia=0
pH=8.0
Nitrite=0
Nitrate=30(as best as I can tell)

I hate to be pushy, but please go right now, and test your water and see what it says again... We want to help you, we need to figure out if this is a cycle issue or a diseased fish issue
Ammonia=0
pH=8.0
Nitrite=0
Nitrate=30(as best as I can tell)

What about the light

Liquid tests or test strips?
Liquid

AWheeler

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hmm, it does look like you are cycled then...but your water temp is to low for mollies. The ph is good for them though. The lights should go completely off at night, not sure if you are keeping the blue ones on or not all night.
So now we need to look at what is going on with the fish (although, I'd do a 50% water change to get your nitrates down to 15) .
Have you noticed the fish "flicking" themselves off of anything or any weird spots on them, or anything other than them laying down at the bottom of the tank?

Radar2006

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hmm, it does look like you are cycled then...but your water temp is to low for mollies. The ph is good for them though. The lights should go completely off at night, not sure if you are keeping the blue ones on or not all night.
So now we need to look at what is going on with the fish (although, I'd do a 50% water change to get your nitrates down to 15) .
Have you noticed the fish "flicking" themselves off of anything or any weird spots on them, or anything other than them laying down at the bottom of the tank?
I actually just did a 50% water change before the mollies went in. I thought I had some kind of parasite or bacteria. Other than them laying around I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom