all good with barb tank

leedrivesatruck

HI there just wanted you all to know that the tank is going very well, no fatalities ( hopefully never ) the rubys get on well all the barbs are playfull well except one tiger which always seems to have the mizogs - he always stays out the way at the top of the tank hiding,sometimes I think he's ill but he isn't he just stays out the way, and doesn't seem to eat much - over night a couple of them get very pale especially the rubys but 10 mins after I switch the light on the all color up nicely so fingers crossed all going well -- what do you all think of the quiet tiger barb cheers lee- of and by the wAy thanks to this site I now know why my fishes poo is pink lol

Disc61

Well Known
glad to here things are going well for you. I would keep an eye on the quiet tiger barb, it sounds like he is being bullied.

leedrivesatruck

I'm afraid its to late - gutted really upset all was good then when I came down this morning to find the poor little thing dead on the bottom with some of its belly eaten. I don't understand I really don't how could this of happened - someone tell me - I burried him and said a small prayer for him - please don't mock me I find these things really upsetting - iv nursed them through to now with Criticism from all round and then this, I am beside myself ------ how could this happen???

Lucy

Offical Spam Kicker
I'm really sorry.
It's rough to lose fish you really care about.

leedrivesatruck

thanks ,I'm not sure what to do now!!

Lucy

Offical Spam Kicker
Does everyone else look and act ok?

leedrivesatruck

all else is good - they all seem fine and dandy

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
That;s a pretty regular occurrence with tiger barbs, IME.

leedrivesatruck

I turned the temp back down to 24 and they seem a lot happier,I am going to get a new thermometer at the week end - I hope it wasn't to warm in there for him that's why he died maybe, don't think so but gettin new one to make sure as they do seem a lot happier now iv turned it down and more hungry too

Jaysee

Fishlore Legend
No, the temperature isn't what killed it. The other barbs killed it.

Cichlidnut

Fishlore VIP
It look like you have some tiger barbs? Tiger barbs are some times know as tiger barbarians. They often fight each other for dominance and any of them that get excluded from the group usually die. Nature can be a cruel thing. I guess it's their way of insuring only the strong, healthy fish reproduce. That or they are just nasty little buggers lol. I've had some problems with tiger barbs before and I really don't like them much anymore.

Sorry your fish died Hopefully everybody else will be fine.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• danielwestes
  • Barbs
Replies
Views
TexasDomer
  • Dewclaw83
  • Barbs
Replies
Views
Dewclaw83
  • gunner13