Help All but 1 CPDs died

Jakkie

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So the other day I could only find 1 of my CPDs (galaxy rasboras, whatever you want to call them) and I have 8. I looked around and eventually found 1 dead in our java moss but that one had gotten bit and had a big chunk missing from him so I was expecting him to not make it. For the other 6 missing, no bodies no trace of them. I also can't find my 3 other corydora babies, we had 4 and they've been thriving and at a good enough size that I assumed they would make it. Again no bodies. My Kubotai rasboras are doing great. My adult cories are doing great. 0ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrites, we don't check nitrates because there's never any since we have a lot of plants. The only thing I haven't checked yet is pH but would that kill off mostly 1 species and nothing else? Im at a serious loss here. This tank has been doing so good then all of a sudden 10 fish go missing with no trace of them.
Its a 20 gallon long with a sponge filter, and a seachem tidal 35. Stocking was 8 CPDs, 7 Kubotai rasboras, 8 corydoras + 4 babies and 2 snails. Now I have 1 CPD, 7 Kubotais, 8 cories + 1 baby, and 2 snails. Tank has been running since November and doing great

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Giving this a bump up for you hope you get some responses today

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There appears to be "something going (wr)on(g) with CPD's. You are not the first having issues with those, but we're not sure what's happening. Could be a viral issue. Keeping Corys means they will eat the corpses for sure.

OP
Jakkie

Jakkie

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
DoubleDutch said:
There appears to be "something going (wr)on(g) with CPD's. You are not the first having issues with those, but we're not sure what's happening. Could be a viral issue. Keeping Corys means they will eat the corpses for sure.
Interesting, okay thank you

New Threads