All-aquarium Catfish Convention 2018

goldface

Member
It will be from October 4-7 in Herndon, VA. It’s sponsored by Aqueon and presented by the Potomac Valley Aquarium Society. I’m going to try to be there since I’m a catfish freak. Hans-Georg Evers will be presenting, who was the editor of Amazonas magazine. There will be other well-known hobbyists as well, most notably Ian Fuller and Rachel O’Leary. Here is a link to register online and to also look at the planned schedule:

I’m particularly interested in the collecting trip on the 5th—and the fish auction on the 7th, the final day of the convention.
 

Gypsy13

Member
I hope you can make it. And take lots of notes. And pics. And come back and tell me all about it. I mean tell us. But, yeah, mostly me.
 

DoubleDutch

Member
There is an annual convention in the UK, to which I haven't been btw
Seems to be quite interesting.
 
  • Thread Starter

goldface

Member
I’m not sure what to expect. I’m hoping to see lots of fishes of course. Maybe even a fish auction. I’m particularly interested in seeing plecos as well as hearing Hans-Georg Evers talk about his collecting trips.
 

Gypsy13

Member
scarface said:
I’m not sure what to expect. I’m hoping to see lots of fishes of course. Maybe even a fish auction. I’m particularly interested in seeing plecos as well as hearing Hans-Georg Evers talk about his collecting trips.
Lots of pics and notes! I would just die from excitement! I do love catfish.
 

Gypsy13

Member
Fuzzyfishkeeper said:
I love these guys! Haven’t even thought about them in a while! Like underwater Dalmatians! Thank you! Hubby says thanks a lot. Lol. He knows what I’ll be wanting now. HI'm to look at videos for me.
 
  • Thread Starter

goldface

Member
Gypsy13 said:
Lots of pics and notes! I would just die from excitement! I do love catfish.
Hey, maybe I’ll do a video. I’ve been wanting to start a food and travel vlog for a long time now, anyway.
 

Gypsy13

Member
scarface said:
Hey, maybe I’ll do a video. I’ve been wanting to start a food and travel vlog for a long time now, anyway.
That would be awesome! Please do! I’m in!
 

Latest threads

Top Bottom