All About Endler's Livebearers Care, Class And More!

An Informative Guide to Keeping Endlers

1. Tidal Wave Crab

Tidal Wave CrabNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Tidal Wave Crab submitted a new resource:

All About Endler's Livebearers Care, Class And More! - An Informative Guide to Keeping Endlers

Read more about this resource...

2. endlercollector

endlercollectorFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +713
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Please note that the Japanese blue "Endler" isn't an Endler at all. They're descended from fancy guppies that were set loose and reverted to the wild reticulata shape.

3. OP
    OP
    Tidal Wave Crab

Ratings:
    +3
    Can I ask for a reference?

Japan Blue Endlers, while hybrids of fancy guppies and Endlers(making them K Class Endlers), are not completely guppy.

4. midna

midnaWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +2,426
    Experience:
    2 years
    thanks! i'm thinking about getting some endlers

5. endlercollector

endlercollectorFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +713
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    We've had this discussion on Fishlore in the past. I believe it was 5 or 6 years ago. Here's the link: Reading up on Japanese blue "Endler's"

6. OP
    OP
    Tidal Wave Crab

Ratings:
    +3
    Perhaps I'm not understanding. The attached link on that thread is only talking about Japanese Blue Guppies, different from Japan Blue Endlers, which are never mentioned?

Thanks for helping me understand.

7. emeraldking

emeraldkingWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,227
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Japan blues are offcially guppies. But Adrian Hernandez had created a japan blue endler and those went also on the market. Like endlercollector has already mentioned, the original japan blues are guppies.
    But the commercial trade has named all short tailed japan blue guppies endlers. As with so many short sized guppy strains, the commercial trade has named them incorrectly endlers instead of guppies beause of the endler hype around the world.

8. OP
    OP
    Tidal Wave Crab

Ratings:
    +3
    Yes they are decendants of guppies, but they were crossbred,so they are endler guppy hybrids, meaning they are K class endlers, meaning they are still endlers.

9. emeraldking

emeraldkingWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +1,227
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Like I've mentioned before, Adrian Hernandez crossbred japan blue guppies with endlers and made a K-class strain which went on the market. Those are hybrid endlers. But there are still a lot of japan blue guppies (no endler influence, wether shorttailed or big tailed) on the market as well. And like I've mentioned, commerciallywise a lot of shortsized guppies are incorrectly called endlers or even endler hybrids to boost up the sales because of the endler hype.
    But of course, nowadays a lot of people do crossbreed japan blue guppies with whatever kind of endler. That's absolutely true...

There's also this wildguppy called Lac du Rorota (fatigue) from French Guiana named after the region where it's been found. Probably a feral guppy. But this wildguppy looks also quite similar to the japan blue guppy.