Algie build up

Darth
So my 75 gollon oscar tank has started growing this brownish like algie and the drift wood and filter areas is this bad and how do I keep from happening

V1K
Darth said:
So my 75 gollon oscar tank has started growing this brownish like algie and the drift wood and filter areas is this bad and how do I keep from happening
It's only bad in a sense that it doesn't look great. How long has your tank been running? New tanks often have brown algae infestations for no reason other than being new and not fully established, and in most cases they just go away on their own. Just keep up with water changes, have your lights on time for no more than 8 hours, maybe even less (I'm guessing that with oscars you don't have live plants in the tank and you only need lights for viewing).

Darth
V1K said:
It's only bad in a sense that it doesn't look great. How long has your tank been running? New tanks often have brown algae infestations for no reason other than being new and not fully established, and in most cases they just go away on their own. Just keep up with water changes, have your lights on time for no more than 8 hours, maybe even less (I'm guessing that with oscars you don't have live plants in the tank and you only need lights for viewing).
I have three swords and three moss balls with sword in the tank with them I read something about a brown algae build up with new tanks after I posted this thread the tank is less then a year and I do water changes ever two or three days to keep up with the waste the Oscar's produce. I've cleaned the tank and did a water change it looks much better they say it might come back though only because it is a new tank but idk. I'm new to the hobby so learning as I go.

Top Bottom