algea 20 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Nick Della Rocca, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Nick Della Rocca

Nick Della Rocca Valued Member Member

as i am nearly done with my cycle i have 4 danios 2 neons approx 8 ghost shrimp but i only can find 1 . 2 julii coreys and 2 dwarf orange craws. everyone seems to get along. however i am seeing a buildup of green algea looking stuff on some live plants. anything i can add to help get rid of it? i also aupposably have a snail but dont know where it ever is or what it is. black shell with white spots blueishpurplish body. came with a plant. so yeh anything i can add to eat the algea up?

2. joya

joya Valued Member Member

I heard the marino moss balls are good for algae.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

3. skar

skar Well Known Member Member

Algea eaters that have worked well for me are Otos and amano shrimp.
    Algea in small amounts are a good thing . it's supposedly a sign your aquarium is doing well. Flourish excel is supposed to help to. I haven't noticed any benefit from it but applied directly it supposedly kills algea or reduces growth.

4. JessH18

JessH18 Valued Member Member

We have a 40 gallon with five otocinclus, two amano shrimp, and two Siamese Algae eaters as far as fish to keep track of algae, and our tank has been kept fairly clean by this group. I would look into anyone of these to start out!

5. I love my puffer

I love my puffer Valued Member Member

Try to lower the amount of light in your tank. This will prevent it from getting out of hand;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice