algea Id

michael68

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry meenu couldnt figure out how to get pick on main thread,click on camera and enlarge.

Last edited:

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It's pretty hard to tell from the pic but it looks like some kind of thread algae going by the length of the strands. Could be the beginings of Black Beard Algae but I don't think that it is.

Without any detailed info I would say the most likely cause is high light with low or inconsistant co2 levels. Lack of nutrients is probably making that even worse.

michael68

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
sorry about the picture nutter but may camara isnt that great.I started dosing excel 2ml daily and 1.8ml of comp every three days.What do you think?Should those doses be given in the am before the lights go on or does it matter?

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I do all my dosing in the morning a few minutes before I feed the fish. That will make sure there is a good supply of nutrients during the light on hours when the demand for nutrients is at it's highest. You could dose just before the lights come on as well. Just so long as the plants have thier supply of nutrients & carbon for the lights on period you should be fine.

michael68

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I started dosing when i leave for work which is now about two hours before the lights go on.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom