Algae?

What is it. And how do I get rid of it

I am assuming bacteria

Attachments

• 3274F4D1-2319-41B2-A0F7-71FFD6049E78.jpeg
    3274F4D1-2319-41B2-A0F7-71FFD6049E78.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 122
My housekeeping is good. Hoping the chemicals work.

Has anyone else. Used this product. I recently purchased my first corals. There not settled in I assume. Wonder how it will effect them

HELP!! I used the red slime remover as directed. Repeated after 48 hours. Did not work. Could it b Dino instead of Cyanobacteria

The way it’s coming off in sheets like that seems to be cyano to me. Diatoms are usually brown.
if you wave your hand over it is it like a dust or does it kind of come off in sheets?

Tap water. Also just in front portion of tank. The blue LEDs stay on on the front all the time. Is it a light issue

Tank is going since may

Tap water. Also just in front portion of tank. The blue LEDs stay on on the front all the time. Is it a light issue

Tank is going since may
It likely from the tap water. You should really only use RO or RODI for saltwater. You’ll likely battle it on and off if you use tap water.

This is cheap would it help

We have 12 inch inland charcoal filters at work. Would that help

?
That will help. In the long run it will cost you more than a $150 RO unit because the filters are rated to filter about 1/2-1/4 of the amount of water the standard 10” filters of a better RO unit are. Also you can customize a 10” filter RO unit based on what you want. I did 5 micron, high quality carbon block, 1 micron filter then to the RO membrane.
This is the one I recommend to people. It’s a good deal for the unit.
4 Stage Value RO/DI System - Bulk Reef Supply

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom