Algae Treatment Suggestions Help

1. appcontrol

appcontrol Valued Member Member

Hi so i was out of home for month when i came back my tank had like 3-4 types of algae. I did reset on system and did remove all plants, hardscape etc. I upgraded light, filter started adding macro and micro and for now i have just small amount of brown algae but i expected that.
    Problem is that i didn't remove one plant that is alternanthera reineckii purple it was small at a time and that is only plant that have green algae but it is growing pretty fast.

So i wanted to ask what can i do to remove algae from that plant?
    Should i use algecid like jbl algol or easy life anti algae. Liquid carbon spot treatment i have bad experience with it. (only on java and anubias is good on all other plants, leafs die off.)
    Any suggestions?

2. AquaticJ

AquaticJ Well Known Member Member

UV sterilizers work wonders.

3. BReefer97

BReefer97 Well Known Member Member

If the plant is easy to remove from the tank and add back in, I would take it out and rub the algae off, wipe the algae off of everything else in the tank, and leave the tank lights off for a week to stunt growth. I have to do this with my nano tanks every so often and it seems to really help. I haven’t had algae in my tank in about 2 months.

4. OP
    OP
    appcontrol

appcontrol Valued Member Member

Hmm its not that bad so i should turn off lights, i think it would do more harm beacuose all new plants just started to grow.
    And uv i heard that is not good at if you think about products like uv doctor or something like that.