I had a small aquarium that was over run with algae. I do not know what type of algae it was. It could be removed easily but grew quickly. It was green and soft. There was a moss ball in that Aquarium. The algae grew over the mossball. I eventually dismantled the tank (it was a small 3 gal) and kept the moss ball in a cup with water. I put the moss ball in the fridge for about a week. The colder temp and no light killed the algae (the moss ball did fine). I still have the moss ball in a cup on my desk. I have a 10 gal I want to put it into but do I risk bringing the algae into the aquarium? There is no algae on the moss ball or in the cup.