Algae Problems

sush

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
How to scrap algae from aquarium? Can fishes be harmed due to algae formations?

Andromeda

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The best way to naturally control your algae would be to get an algae eater,such as a pleco or some otocinclus.
Bristlenose Plecos or Clown Plecos are great choices as they don't grow as large as a common pleco.
Additionally, keep direct sunlight away from your tank and limit the hours you leave your tank lighting on as it will spur the growth of algae.

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Do not get an algae eater to control algae you will just give yourself more work. Only get one of you want that fish for a different reason then just controlling algae.

Algae will not harm your fish you can ise a glass scraper to get it of the glass but the best cure is prevention.

Culprit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Get some nerite snails! Best algae eaters ever imo.

Nope, just scrape or scrub it off!

Andromeda

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
smee82 said:
Do not get an algae eater to control algae you will just give yourself more work. Only get one of you want that fish for a different reason then just controlling algae.

Algae will not harm your fish you can ise a glass scraper to get it of the glass but the best cure is prevention.
My bn pleco has seriously reduced my workload and algae problem. Also, very entertaining fish. I think it's very much worth it.
(as long as you take the excess excretion into account)

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads