Algae Problem

KirkyTurkey

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So I have a 20 gallon walstad style tank, and it got a horrible algae bloom, and I just realized that happened within a month of my DIY citric acid + baking soda co2 setup breaking. Do you guys think this is correlated?

I bought a florida flag fish thinking he would eat the algae but he isn't, could you guys recommend a good clean up crew that'll eat my algae? its all bright green and covering my mosses.

Side question: any thoughts on fixing the co2 setup? It still keeps pressure, but the needle valve is all the way open and still no co2 flow?

thanks!

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Co2 is probably the cause of your algae but wjat will eat it depends on the type. Do you have pocs.

KirkyTurkey

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I do have nerite snails now that you say that, but they tend to stay on the glass, and don't venture onto the moss. I actually didnt keep any fish in there either, as I was gassing co2 so hard I didn't want to kill any fish, I only added the flagfish and put a few cory cats in there that needed to be rehomed, feeding is minimal as I was hoping they would just clean. Lights are probably on too long but I didn't get algae from that until the co2 stopped.

Attachments

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Tinzer said:
I have a strange blooming algae growth in my tank. I have a pic attached. Any ideas on what this could be and how I can I get rid of it? Thanks
Green hair algae.
Caused by too much light, either in intensity or photoperiod. You'll probably get more views and replies if you make your own thread

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom