Algae On My Glass Lids.

BrendanB

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ok so I don't know where I should post this but it is the first time I have had problems with it. The condensation on the underside of my glass lids are getting covered with alge. Without creating large gaps to release the condensation how can I combat the alge growth? Tank is a 125 planted tank. 1400gph filtration. Two 48" florescent lights. Using pregen with phosphate additives at water changes for plant health.

BrendanB

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
AquaticJ said:
Are you sure it’s not mold?
Yeah... It is forming right under my lights. Very green and just started after I planted my tank. My lights are on a 8 hr cycle.

Kristian Acevedo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
This happens on my 10g lid, i just wipe it off with every WC, a week doesn’t allow it too much time to get super nasty

DaleM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
BrendanB said:
Same here but I was hoping to stop it all together.
You can make your own lids out of mesh from a hardware store if the glass lids are bothering you. I did this to my tank

Kristian Acevedo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
DaleM said:
You can make your own lids out of mesh from a hardware store if the glass lids are bothering you. I did this to my tank
+1 on the mesh lids, i’m just lazy about it so i figure wiping it off every week isn’t a hassle, i’m already working on the tank. You could also look into terrarium lids, I know they make some that fit 20g longs, so that’s always an option

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom