5 years
Hi and thanks for looking at this issues,
So I started this 22L for about 1 month after 2 weeks of dsm,
I have a 22L from Mraqua
Cannister with inline heater
Gla co2 paintball regulator
Finnex planted 36'
I have fluval stratum in the tank
Tank should be fully cycled i had media from a friends tank (ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate about 5-10)
9 crs 2 oto and 3 chili rasbora with hc, srepens, and some rotela indica
So I notice my algae problems 2 weeks ago I tried to clean it and lower the light intensity and my co2 is at 3 to 4 bps.
What am I doing wrong?
I order the riser for my light but it wont come till 3 weeks later. I'm planning to buy some nerite or ramshorn snails would do you guys think I need to do?
6549d969de87fdfd6fca9f16cfec3765.jpg
e6af26d2010496b0459a2f44b1054e7f.jpg

Reactions: AJE

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
It appears to be mainly on the glass ( doesn't look to be out of control ) and i think Nerite snails will clear it up for u depending on if they are inhabitable with co2 running ( I don't use co2 so not sure )
What does your 2nd pic mean when you wrote 1st week after flooded?

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
A key to algae prevention is to plant heavily in the beginning. You have a lot of substrate exposed, which means less plants that are competing with algae. However, the plants still look decently healthy. If you keep your CO2 drop checker green, do weekly or biweekly water changes, and continue dosing fertilizer, the plants should fill in. Is the carpet HC or monte carlo?

Also I wouldn't get ramshorns, they're really hard to get rid of

OP did dry start method

Last edited by a moderator:

Daygoboiz

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
It appears to be mainly on the glass ( doesn't look to be out of control ) and i think Nerite snails will clear it up for u depending on if they are inhabitable with co2 running ( I don't use co2 so not sure )
Hi and thanks for the replied, and yes I just bought 2 too cats and am looking for some nerite on Amazon and Ebay but the shipping is killing it with the price. I did the dsm for 2 weeks for the hc to anchored with roots.

I did a major clean up siphoned the hair algae and cleaned the glass on last friday. And did a 40% water change but this morning I noticed the hair algae are back again... here is the picture of the current state

Shopping for some nerite now

A key to algae prevention is to plant heavily in the beginning. You have a lot of substrate exposed, which means less plants that are competing with algae. However, the plants still look decently healthy. If you keep your CO2 drop checker green, do weekly or biweekly water changes, and continue dosing fertilizer, the plants should fill in. Is the carpet HC or monte carlo?

Also I wouldn't get ramshorns, they're really hard to get rid of
Thanks, I'm probably going to get more hc to carpet faster

Attachments

Toggle Sidebar

Advertisement

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 6 60.0%