Algae in my tank? What kind?

Greenfungaloo

Hi, thank you so much in advance! A couple days ago i noticed some green blotches on my aquarium wall, and decided to clean it off in my next water change (that will be this weekend). But just 30 minutes ago i noticed the algae migrated to the other side too? I never had a problem with algae before... i have a 39g tank(i think, give or take a gallon) and i have noticed for a while a teeny weeny little peice of green moss it seemed growing on the rocks. Recently my fish got bloated, he is better now, but i switched foods. Could that be whats causinf this? The algae seems to be a different kind than is growing on the rocks and is like a couple spots of light green... does anyone have a guess at what it might be?

DoubleDutch

Cyano bactereria ? = called blue green algae.

Convoluted77

Probobly green spot algae on the glass if its just just little flat blotches.Usually shows up from too much light or lack of phosphates.It doesnt usually scrub off easily unless you use an old credit card or an algae scraper.Nerire snails do a good job cleaning it as well.

Greenfungaloo

Convoluted77 said:
Probobly green spot algae on the glass if its just just little flat blotches.Usually shows up from too much light or lack of phosphates.It doesnt usually scrub off easily unless you use an old credit card or an algae scraper.Nerire snails do a good job cleaning it as well.
Thank you, that sounds like it. I of course will clean it either way to be clear, but, should i be concerned about it hurting my fish?

Convoluted77

Greenfungaloo said:
Thank you, that sounds like it. I of course will clean it either way to be clear, but, should i be concerned about it hurting my fish?
Nope no problems at all for your fish

Greenfungaloo

Convoluted77 said:
Nope no problems at all for your fish
Thank you!

Top Bottom