• yes in some tanks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, but getting some

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
I have an algae eater in 2 tanks and my 3rd will be getting one this week (not sure what exactly yet!). I find them invaluable to keeping the tank clean and they are the funniest fish to watch!! the positions they get in to get that bit of algae they want! they also love to plany hide and seek! I can't imagine a tank without one! but I was wondering if some people don't have one, and why not?!!! and for those that do have them, what do they have and why did they choose it and how many of them they have?! I guess i'm wanting some inspiration for what to put in my last tank!!

Tan

OP
T

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
Gunnie said:
I also have algae eaters in 2 of my tanks.  My 100 gal. has a common pleco, and my 55 gal. has an LDA33 female.   
blimey that was a quick response gunnie!!!!

whats an lda33? that's not a very "catchy" name!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll never remember that!!!!!!

Tan

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
tan.b said:
Gunnie said:
I also have algae eaters in 2 of my tanks.  My 100 gal. has a common pleco, and my 55 gal. has an LDA33 female.   
blimey that was a quick response gunnie!!!!

whats an lda33? that's not a very "catchy" name!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll never remember that!!!!!!

Tan
Some folks call it a snowball pleco:

OP
T

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
aaaaaaaaaar, now that I might remember!! they look pretty cool!!!!!!!!! sound like they'd wreck my plants though!!!! look a little bit like my pleco who is my fave fish!!

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
tan.b said:
aaaaaaaaaar, now that I might remember!! they look pretty cool!!!!!!!!! sound like they'd wreck my plants though!!!! look a little bit like my pleco who is my fave fish!!
They might! Mine has her own cave, so she usually hides in it most of the time.

19.jpg

OP
T

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
gunnie, she does a lovely pose for the camera though!!!! I have never seen one of those at an lfs! they're gorgeous! what is her cave made from? looks like terracotta. I could do with something like that. I need more caves etc and I prefer the natural stuff than the ornamental stuff. my plec and shrimp are sharing a cave (not even a cave really, they rest under the log where its cave shaped!) at the mo , but soon when my plec gets a bit bigger they won't both fit!! so one of them will have to move out into a new cave!! you can never have too many caves!!!
Tan

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
I special ordered the cave from which makes all sorts of caves and spawning cones for fish. It was pricey, but she is worth it. I wanted one big enough in case she had babies one day.

OP
T

tan.b

Well Known
Reaction score
that web site has some lovely caves on it! will have to find a similar thing over here! Tan

platypuff

Reaction score
I only have one tank (I'm a beginner) but I have Chinese algae eaters in it - glad I have because reading other posts seems a lot of work clean algae thanks to the eaters I have never needed to complete that task yet. But only had the tank running for just over 4 weeks!

LilaBean

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss- I can't imagine my tank without my pleco! I thought pleco were very hardy? Lila

New Threads