Algae Eaters

Steviebutch

Is it a good idea to have an Algae Eater in a 28 gallon tank with 7 fish? I don't want it to be overcrowded

Butterfly

If you have an algae problem you could put in a couple of Otocinclus(2 inches) commonly called otos or a bristlenose plec (5-6 inches). Both are good algae eaters and very non-aggressive.
Now you do know your clown loach will get to be over 12 inches and needs to be more than one of them? Your scissortail also needs to be in a school of about 5 or 6. Do the Gouramis and Angel get along? Sorry just had to add my 2 cents worth after answering your question
Carol
Carol

Steviebutch

Hey Carol

I got a second Loach this evening and it is getting along with Laverne fine. The Angel seems to be very mellow and gets along with all of the other fish.

I don't think there is a real algae problem. I was just asking for general information. I am still new at
this.

Thank you for your response.

Steve

Butterfly

So now Laverne has a Shirley? Clown Loaches are very social beings and love others of their kind. They also get very large. If you want to see some Clown Loach pictures stop in at the gallery and look at mine and Davids pictures
Carol

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom