Algae Eater

Joe G

Reaction score
If anyone has any good suggestion, for an algae eater for a 10 gallon tank.
I am looking to get something for my tank that is hearty and will get along with my plates,
and will eat algae and food left at the bottom of my tank.

kerryve

Reaction score
anyone correct me if I'm wrong but if you buy a common pleco as a baby he will grow in proportion to the size of you tank, ive had a few plecos that have not grown too big for their tank, but ive always ended up getting bigger and bigger tanks so they were never able to out grow their smaller tanks. otherwise there are some largeish snails outhere that one could get.

Joep606

Reaction score
Ya, I have a 10 gallon myself, and I'm planning to get a snail to eat the algae that is forming on the rock inside the tank. I'll tell you how it works out.

OP
J

Joe G

Reaction score
OK thanks , but don't snails multiply quickly

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
kerryve said:
anyone correct me if I'm wrong but if you buy a common pleco as a baby he will grow in proportion to the size of you tank, ive had a few plecos that have not grown too big for their tank, but ive always ended up getting bigger and bigger tanks so they were never able to out grow their smaller tanks. otherwise there are some largeish snails outhere that one could get.
Fish may grow on the outside in proportion to the size of the tank, but their insides continue to grow. This is very agonizing and painful, and will cause premature death. You should always have the proper size tank for the adult size of the fish from the very beginning. Some folks like to grow out their fish in smaller tanks, but then you leave it to chance, and circumstances can arise where your plans of getting that bigger tank don't happen.

kerryve

Reaction score
wow, I never knew that, ill never keep a pleco in a small tank, I suppose it was just a theory that they wouldnt get too big. shame I don't want to imagine my insides getting all squished up! thanks for the info!!!

New Threads