Algae control Tetra brand

Discussion in 'Algae' started by Joshhess11, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Joshhess11New MemberMember

Hey, I was wondering, when using the algae control tetra brand liquid in my 10 gallon tank, should I turn off my filter while using it so it doesn't suck all the liquid out?

2. AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

What kind of algae do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. Joshhess11New MemberMember

4. CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

10 gallons is really only big enough for a Nerite snail.
    If this is a new set up, diatoms are quite common & should go away eventually, in the meantime just wipe them off with a clean unused kitchen sponge.
    Personally I wouldn't use any chemicals to get rid of the algae.

5. AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

There's no needs for chemicals. If it's just brown algae, it could be diatoms and they go away on their own.

6. Joshhess11New MemberMember

But what if it's been there for about 1 and a half months, I clean the tank but it just comes back? I have a Albino Sucker fish but apparently he sucks at his job? AquaticBrandon Coradee

7. CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

6 weeks is still a new set up give it time, I know it looks unsightly but is easily wiped off, chemicals may do more harm than good imo.

8. AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

Your tank is still pretty new. The sucker fish which I'm thinking is a pleco, won't just eat algae. You will have to feed him his own food too. Like vegetables and wafers. Just wipe down the algae in the meantime, nerite snails are good algae eaters

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice