Algae and my weird filter.

TinyTemper13

so i have an aqueon bow front 2.5 aquarium and it has this odd filter that hangs over part of the tank. and the top of the filter where I put filter floss is open and my light hangs over it and is blasting it all the time when my light is on. My question is I was under the impression that filter media needs to be kept in the dark. i have an issue with brown algae at the moment( my tank has recently "cycled"). When i clean my filter medium out when i do a water change there seems to be a lot of brown stuff int here which with only one betta seems to be a lot more than just fish waste. do you think that the brown algae is going beserk in my filter meeting because of the light situation? i hope i was clear enough on here about my situation if not let me know and i can try and be clearer if needed.

Azedenkae

My question is I was under the impression that filter media needs to be kept in the dark.
Nah this is not true.
i have an issue with brown algae at the moment( my tank has recently "cycled"). When i clean my filter medium out when i do a water change there seems to be a lot of brown stuff int here which with only one betta seems to be a lot more than just fish waste. do you think that the brown algae is going beserk in my filter meeting because of the light situation?
Nah, just your typical average brown gunk it sounds like to me.

TinyTemper13

Nah this is not true.

Nah, just your typical average brown gunk it sounds like to me.
ok cool, i was hoping that i wasn't just blasing a breeding ground for bad stuff in my filter,t hat makes me feel a lot better cheers!

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Kalyke
  • Algae
Replies
Views
Fishdad85
  • MC0115
  • Algae
Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies