Algae And Green Cloudy Water

Parkbench

I'm having a rough week when it comes to my fish. This is a different tank from my earlier post.

29 gallon planted tank, 10 cherry barbs, 10 rummy nose tetras, 9 concolor corydoras, 5 nerites

I've been fighting what I think is hairy algae by dosing Excel every couple days and Florish once a week until this week when I started dosing Excel daily because the water's so green. I did 2 40-50% water changes in 3 days (Tues and Thursday) with prime and Excel. My current readings are ammonia 0, nitrite 0 and nitrate 0 (pH is 8.2). I've scrubbed the plants but there's so much algae I can't get off. I'm letting a lot of them float right now. I've cut my lights back to 6 hrs a day.

As you can see, the water is still cloudy. Am I setting off another cycle? Should I do another water change? Advice please!

c81096a57812ec22e7007516f48ad818.jpg

SkynJay

I just fought this off myself.

Kill the lights completely for 3/4 days and do a 50% water change all three days. Then put lights back on at a reduced rate and double check your feeding schedule to ensure you are not over feeding.

I fought this for a month and a good blackout combined with water changes was the cure.

Parkbench

Should I continue Excel and/or Florish?

SkynJay

I killed them during the blackout.

Parkbench

Blackout worked! Thank you!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
blizowman1
Replies
Views