Alexander is finally at home

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well Alex finally got to go home to his big Betta home and then I felt sorry for Marty and since the snails had pretty well decimated the real plants I got them some fake ones until the real ones can grow up again. So here are some pix of the new decorations and Alex getting used to his new home. I do not think he is liking it yet as he cannot figure out where he comes to get fed and I have to remove the whole hood to feed him but he will learn.

Marty and he are in the process of getting to know one another so I have to keep the paneling between the two tanks as Alex is not so laid back as Noel was and he is a little put out to have a neighbor. Marty is just a little curious and has his nose totally out of joint at me for putting up the panelling.

Rose

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
It looks very nice, Rose. He's a very handsome betta. I kind of like it when they are hovering there, looking almost thoughtful.

I have a plant just like the taller one you have there. (I'm not sure what you call it) My catfish sometimes sleep in the leaves.

Congratulations on getting him set up, I'm sure you're going to enjoy him a lot.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
He is beautiful Rose, and as always, so are the tanks! Ah, the joys of a new baby in the house!

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Beautiful tanks and fish, Rose! What size are your tanks? I normally don't like hex's, but the way you have them set up makes them unusually attractive!

S.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They are all the Marineland Eclipse Hex 5 gallon tanks. I got them at Walmart for $29.95 each and since I am on a fixed income that played a big part of my decision. I was not a big fan at first but have learned how to get pictures and don't mind them as much now.

Thanks for the compliments. I do like my little folks, (don't suppose anyone noticed) and do spoil them to the max. They got new decor and hopefully when their real plants grow back, the tanks will look even a little better. My Lace Plants went to pieces with the snails treatment but are just now putting out new little leaves so hopefully they will come back in good shape.

Alex still cannot get used to the new big tank and now the Otos and Snail are back with him and he is having a time adjusting. I think it is because he is so small he may be a little intimidated.

Rose

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hey again Rose. I think your tanks are probably about the perfect size for you and for what you want to have in them. They are also so nicely decorated and pretty. You have a good sense of symmetry and color, and yet it doesn't look rigidly ordered, just sort of like a tended underwater garden with fish and snails.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom