Albino Tiger Barbs Spawning

haji4

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
This is a nice pair and I hope to have eggs soon. They have been crazy for about 1 week and now she is going along the bottom and he is doing the "shakey" thing. I have them separate for now. As soon as the eggs are laid I will put them back in their main tank. I am so excited.

Attachments

haji4

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mom and Dad are so cool with my Angels. They do really well together. I was so glad I caught them as they were crazy for about a week. I did get them moved but I think the first half went to my angels. That was what got my attention. All of my Angels were face down in the one corner they never go into. I hope I get a few out of this. I will keep you posted. I really like this pair. Their shape is nice and thy have been good fish and I love their color.

Betta Whisperer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
WOW she was really full of eggs. If they don't all get eaten you should have a nice big batch of fry. Do you have your infusoria and BBS ready for them?

haji4

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
We are ready. I am so excited Mom and Dad are back in their tank and the eggs are in a 20 gal. all by themselves. No one to eat them. I will post more pics as we go.

Attachments

Last edited:

haji4

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
New pics at 5 Days

WOW they are so cool free swimming all over now. They are starting to look like fish, And they love their food.

Attachments

haji4

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They are on banana worms and doing great. I have a feeding frenzy when I put them in. I have another local breeder who uses them for his Tiger Barbs so we are sharing food. I have many more then I thought. I have live plants in the tank so they feed of the infusoria in there as well. They appear to be thriving and growing fast.

hyun007

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I think they will all do well as you mentioned that they love their food.
I only manage to have Tiger and Rosy barb babies in their natural tank.
The Rosy seem to be more successful with 6 babies against 2 for the Tiger which survive the mouth of the other fish.
Not sure whether my albino will get to breed.
Will be interesting to see the outcome of cross-breeding.

Betta Whisperer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
haji4. I have and breed the black stripe Tiger Barbs but these are beautiful. If you plan on selling any would you please let me know. I would love to have some.

haji4

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
How often is this going to happen. It has been 2 weeks tomorrow since they spawned and they are at it again. All in the 125gal so I am working on raising the few I do have and not going to worry about these. the Angels are loving it

haji4

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
update

I have 7 that have made it. They are so cute. I have the pair ready to spawn again

Attachments

haji4

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I cant wait till they are big enough to go in my main tank. They are almost 2 months. I hope by next month I can put them in. They are so friendly and active. I have some friends who want some so I may try it one more time. I just love my breeding pair.

Wonderboy2402

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Wonderful! I too have some baby albino barbs. I was able to harvest a few of the eggs during spawning and managed to raise up about 12 or so to a fairly decent size on brine shrimp. I now have five that made it and are in the main tank in their own little school. I also had 1 normal tigerbarb hatch somehow and he grew much faster then the ATB which I found interesting.

It was my second attempt at raising fry. The first were my bronze cory pair... Needless to say now I have 15 more bronze and they school all the time. =P

My cherry barbs regularly spawn but they don't see to lay the eggs on my hornwort like my tigerbarbs, so I haven't been able to get them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom